I started debugging why ext/pcre/tests/006.phpt fails, I've pinpointed
the guilty commit:
http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=311323
it seems that the behavior was depending on the backtrack limit, but
I'm not sure what to do with the test.
should I simply delete? or can we change the patter in such way that
it would return NULL again?
I'm not even sure what are we testing there. :/

--
Ferenc Kovács
@Tyr43l - http://tyrael.hu

Search Discussions

  • Stas Malyshev at Sep 4, 2011 at 4:49 am
    Hi!
    it seems that the behavior was depending on the backtrack limit, but
    I'm not sure what to do with the test.
    should I simply delete? or can we change the patter in such way that
    it would return NULL again?
    I'm not even sure what are we testing there. :/
    This tests works for me. What is the failure in your case?
    --
    Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
    SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/

    it seems that the behavior was depending on the backtrack limit, but
    I'm not sure what to do with the test.
    should I simply delete? or can we change the patter in such way that
    it would return NULL again?
    I'm not even sure what are we testing there. :/
    This tests works for me. What is the failure in your case?
    --
    Stanislav Malyshev, Software Architect
    SugarCRM: http://www.sugarcrm.com/
    (408)454-6900 ext. 227

    Shein Alexey
  • Ferenc Kovacs at Sep 4, 2011 at 12:21 pm
    thanks, I should have mentioned that I was playing with the 5_3 branch.
[...]

  • Ferenc Kovacs at Sep 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

    It fails for me too, but only in PHP_5_3 branch, PHP_5_4 and trunk are
    ok. It seems it starts to fail after Rasmus's default backtrack limit
    increasion (as Tyrael pointed in his message), which was fixed for
    PHP_5_4 and trunk in this commit:
    http://svn.php.net/viewvc?view=revision&revision=312110. Maybe PHP_5_3
    branch should be changed accordingly?
    I've just did that, thanks for the tip.