Hello PHP dev crew,

The screenshot of the crash is in the attachment.

The problem is easily reproducible, just make a PHP function
call itself.

I think the stack grows too big and the php interpreter crashes
inside the MSVCRT.dll.

Maybe it could be handled with more grace? I feel that
high level language interpreter should not crash its process
whatever I do in the php code. Throwing a stack overflow / memory exausted
exception would make it much easier to debug.

Cheers,
Milan

--
Best regards,
speedy mailto:speedy.spam@gmail.com

Search Discussions

  • Ferenc Kovacs at Aug 22, 2011 at 10:33 am

    The screenshot of the crash is in the attachment.

    The problem is easily reproducible, just make a PHP function
    call itself.

    I think the stack grows too big and the php interpreter crashes
    inside the MSVCRT.dll.

    Maybe it could be handled with more grace? I feel that
    high level language interpreter should not crash its process
    whatever I do in the php code. Throwing a stack overflow / memory exausted
    exception would make it much easier to debug.

    Cheers,
    Milan

    --
    Best regards,
    speedy                          mailto:speedy.spam@gmail.com

    the problem itself is known, and marked as bogus/wontfix:
    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=51350

    :(

    --
    Ferenc Kovács