my name is Robert Eisele. I'm new to this mailing list, but the one or the
other might have seen
something from me. I publish some open source stuff on my blog www.xarg.org,
where I recently
published "my PHP fork", too. To avoid license bashing, it's not a fork at
all and I don't want to
manage something like this for myself, but rather a collection of patches +
a proof of concept,
with some new things and ideas that could get implemented into the main tree
of PHP.

There were some constructive discussions on hackernews and my blog, too:

http://www.xarg.org/2011/06/php-hacking/
http://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=2640756

I didn't follow any discussion on PHP internals. It seems, many people
understand and agree the
changes I made. I've also realized that some changes are still proposed and
maybe already implemented.

I'd like to contribute these changes to PHP and maybe work a little more on
the internals of PHP after that.

Anyway, could you please help in finding a consensus for the changes? Could
I get an wiki account to file all
new changes for a vote, too?

Thanks,

Robert Eisele

Search Discussions

  • Sebastian Bergmann at Jun 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm