I've been playing around with Shared Memory, Semaphores and IPC. I've
noticed even though i can restart apache, this shared memory segments remain
in memory. This means a poor written script could eat a lot of server's
available memory without freeing it back.

This is more a question than a feature request. Isn't there a chance for php
to keep a record of this shared memory segments?

I know some principles, like, each process is independent when running under
CGI. Is there not a centralized memory segment which could tell you the
other memory segments which are being used by a script?

Thank you so much,

Andras

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp