Thank you for your suggestion.
Let me introduce some patches which we published. They might be useful on
specific environments although they are not bugs.
If I had better to report below issues as bugs, please tell me.

* php_syslog.patch
syslog() function cannot properly send UTF-8 strings to event log on
Windows. This patch changes the internal API. We, however, must set
UTF-8 on 'mbstring.internal_incoding'.
In addition, this changes the severity of 'LOG_ERR' from eventlog's
warning to eventlog's error.

* php_ldap.patch
This changes the internal API to use Windows native LDAP API instead of
OpenLDAP one. This is because OpenLDAP has dropped Windows support.

* libmbfl_gb18030.patch
This adds GB18030 support to 'mbstring' extension. The reason is that
every software in China needs to support the character encoding.

And we also published some patches for 'spidermonkey' extension.

The list is available on:
http://developer.cybozu.co.jp/oss/php/index.html

Regards,
KITAZAKI Shigeru

Christopher Jones wrote:
To highlight and record those patches, can you create a bug report for
each problem/patch and add the URL to your patch?

Some readers of the internals list would also suggest emailing an
short summary of the patch here.

Chris

--
Blog: http://blogs.oracle.com/opal
Twitter: http://twitter.com/ghrd

Search Discussions

  • Moriyoshi Koizumi at Feb 1, 2010 at 7:29 am
    Kitazaki-san,

    First thank you for your effort. But, I am under the impression that
    the conversion table looks too huge to include in a distribution
    (>30MB). Is there any way to get this more compressed?

    BTW, I created an extension that is near-compatible with mbstring and
    based on ICU that of course supports GB18030. See
    http://github.com/moriyoshi/mbstring-ng for detail.

    Regards,
    Moriyoshi