Hello!

Is it possible to replace an existing PHP function ( like mail() ) in an
extension.
I've been patching PHP to have a custom mail() function, but I think
replacing
the mail function with an extension would be better and will save a lot
of time.

Can somebody give me a clue or an extension that replaces a built-in
function so I can study it ?

Thanks!

Sorry if this is not the right place for my question ...

Yours,
Aron

Search Discussions

  • Johannes Schlüter at Sep 3, 2009 at 9:25 am
    Hi,
    Is it possible to replace an existing PHP function ( like mail() ) in an
    extension.
    Look for the implementation of disable_functions.
    (zend_disable_function() in zend_API.c)

    johannes
  • Derick Rethans at Sep 3, 2009 at 9:31 am

    Is it possible to replace an existing PHP function ( like mail() ) in an
    extension.
    I've been patching PHP to have a custom mail() function, but I think replacing
    the mail function with an extension would be better and will save a lot of
    time.

    Can somebody give me a clue or an extension that replaces a built-in function
    so I can study it ?
    Search for "set_time_limit" or "var_dump" at
    http://cvs.xdebug.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/xdebug/xdebug.c?revision=1.455&view=markup

    regards,
    Derick
  • Aron Szabo at Sep 3, 2009 at 9:33 am
    Thanks Johannes & Derick ! I see the light now :D

    Yours,
    Aron

    Derick Rethans wrote:
    Is it possible to replace an existing PHP function ( like mail() ) in an
    extension.
    I've been patching PHP to have a custom mail() function, but I think replacing
    the mail function with an extension would be better and will save a lot of
    time.

    Can somebody give me a clue or an extension that replaces a built-in function
    so I can study it ?
    Search for "set_time_limit" or "var_dump" at
    http://cvs.xdebug.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/xdebug/xdebug.c?revision=1.455&view=markup

    regards,
    Derick

groupphp-internals @