I came across a problem in PHP_5_3 and HEAD because I was using a feature added in PHP_5_2. It doesn't look like it was merged to HEAD to me, and then due to a merge from HEAD->PHP_5_3 it removed the changes made in PHP_5_2. This was for the write_func call back in print_zval_r_ex.

Original commit to PHP_5_2: http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend.c?r1=1.308.2.12.2.10&r2=1.308.2.12.2.11

The merge from HEAD to PHP_5_3 that reverted it: http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend.c?r1=1.308.2.12.2.35.2.2&r2=1.308.2.12.2.35.2.3&

Let me know if I missed something or if it would help if I put together a patch to rectify it. I'm currently using this to print out values in the xLog extension (http://tekrat.com/php/xlog/)

Thanks,
-shire

Search Discussions

  • Jani Taskinen at Jan 28, 2009 at 8:28 am
    Whitespace fixes are evil. Especially when NOT done in every branch like
    they should. And then this happens.. thanks.

    Marcus can fix it himself while checking every single file against every
    branch in /Zend that they're in sync..

    --Jani

    shire wrote:
    I came across a problem in PHP_5_3 and HEAD because I was using a
    feature added in PHP_5_2. It doesn't look like it was merged to HEAD to
    me, and then due to a merge from HEAD->PHP_5_3 it removed the changes
    made in PHP_5_2. This was for the write_func call back in print_zval_r_ex.

    Original commit to PHP_5_2:
    http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend.c?r1=1.308.2.12.2.10&r2=1.308.2.12.2.11

    The merge from HEAD to PHP_5_3 that reverted it:
    http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/ZendEngine2/zend.c?r1=1.308.2.12.2.35.2.2&r2=1.308.2.12.2.35.2.3&

    Let me know if I missed something or if it would help if I put together
    a patch to rectify it. I'm currently using this to print out values in
    the xLog extension (http://tekrat.com/php/xlog/)

    Thanks,
    -shire

groupphp-internals @