While doing some threaded work I noticed that tsrm_mutex_lock and
tsrm_mutex_unlock return different values for Windows and Linux (using
pthread).

Attached is the patch to make everything more pthread like, it will
return 0 for success and any other value is an error.

Windows, GNU Portable Threads and the NSAPI implementations were
returning incorrect values.

Scott

Search Discussions

  • Dmitry Stogov at Feb 6, 2008 at 10:58 am
    Hi Scott,

    I'm fine with your patch.
    Please commit it, or let me know if you like me to commit it.

    Thanks. Dmitry.

    Scott MacVicar wrote:
    Hi,

    While doing some threaded work I noticed that tsrm_mutex_lock and
    tsrm_mutex_unlock return different values for Windows and Linux (using
    pthread).

    Attached is the patch to make everything more pthread like, it will
    return 0 for success and any other value is an error.

    Windows, GNU Portable Threads and the NSAPI implementations were
    returning incorrect values.

    Scott
  • Scott MacVicar at Feb 6, 2008 at 1:13 pm
    Hi Dmitry,

    I don't have karma for TSRM only php-src.

    Scott

    Dmitry Stogov wrote:
    Hi Scott,

    I'm fine with your patch.
    Please commit it, or let me know if you like me to commit it.

    Thanks. Dmitry.

    Scott MacVicar wrote:
    Hi,

    While doing some threaded work I noticed that tsrm_mutex_lock and
    tsrm_mutex_unlock return different values for Windows and Linux (using
    pthread).

    Attached is the patch to make everything more pthread like, it will
    return 0 for success and any other value is an error.

    Windows, GNU Portable Threads and the NSAPI implementations were
    returning incorrect values.

    Scott
  • Antony Dovgal at Feb 7, 2008 at 10:50 am

    I don't have karma for TSRM only php-src.
    Patch committed, thanks a lot.

    Ilia, should I commit it to 5_2?
    This looks more like a regular bugfix, not as an improvement.

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal

groupphp-internals @