I read that type hinting for function return values was going to be
implemented, is this true? If not, is it something that could be
implemented if I were to write a patch?

Search Discussions

  • Marcus Boerger at Dec 31, 2007 at 5:55 pm
    Hello Sam,

    we actually thought of doing it, yes. And apparently I wanted to do
    something but I didn't find any time in the past year to be honest.

    marcus

    I read that type hinting for function return values was going to be
    implemented, is this true? If not, is it something that could be
    implemented if I were to write a patch?

    Best regards,
    Marcus
  • Markus Fischer at Dec 31, 2007 at 10:33 pm
    Hi all,

    I'm monitoring this subject closely because for me and my inner Zen,
    having type hint next to namespaces is one of *the* things I'm looking
    forward.

    Now the current subject was only about return values, for me I'm looking
    for the big picture, having scalar type hints every where possible.

    I was using Sam's patch for some tests and was very satisfied with.

    Besides type hinting for all types, my only left wish is a more
    integrated usage of Exception (UnknownMethod, InvalidArgument, etc.)

    - - Markus

    Marcus Boerger wrote:
    Hello Sam,

    we actually thought of doing it, yes. And apparently I wanted to do
    something but I didn't find any time in the past year to be honest.

    marcus

    I read that type hinting for function return values was going to be
    implemented, is this true? If not, is it something that could be
    implemented if I were to write a patch?

    Best regards,
    Marcus
  • Sam at Jan 1, 2008 at 12:25 am
    Are you interested in working together on some patches? I am trying to
    write a patch for function return value type hinting as well as class
    property type hinting. Maybe even regular variable type hinting if
    possible.