Hello,

I've been thinking about Solaris support for PHP and some of the
difficulty surrounding reproducing bugs under different Solaris OS
versions, not to mention OS patch versions.

I work at a University that heavily uses the PHP code base and have
personally been actively working at trying to better the code in support
of Solaris quirks/bugs. Would the following be a benefit to PHP
developers, or not really worth the time, or somewhere in-between?

A set of systems with up-to-date OSs, logins and GDB available to PHP
developers to test and debug PHP under the following OSs:

- Solaris 8 x86
- Solaris 8 sparc
- Solaris 9 x86
- Solaris 9 sparc
- Solaris 10 x86
- Solaris 10 sparc

I could try to convince the powers that be to allow me to setup this
environment, if there would be interest and use.

Thanks,
-Rob

Search Discussions

  • Brian A. Seklecki at Oct 16, 2007 at 3:51 am