PLEASE can we have an assessment of how this new list of features will affect
users porting from PHP4 rather than simply assuming that this is just a simple
'upgrade' from PHP5.2.X.

As discussion has already been shouted down on the vote list ... we have to
get people to convert *TO* PHP5 before PHP6 becomes practical. Lets not create
yet another roadblock in that path :(

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

  • Pierre at Sep 10, 2007 at 12:44 pm

    PLEASE can we have an assessment of how this new list of features will affect
    users porting from PHP4 rather than simply assuming that this is just a simple
    'upgrade' from PHP5.2.X.

    As discussion has already been shouted down on the vote list ... we have to
    get people to convert *TO* PHP5 before PHP6 becomes practical. Lets not create
    yet another roadblock in that path :(
    If you fear a magic_quotes GPC and register globals removal, you can
    sleep quiet. It is not going to happen. I wonder why it is the poll as
    it can't be made in 5.3, in no way, even if we all dream about that :)

    The rest are mostly new features or fixes that have to be applied,
    they do not affect old code (besides what we already know and what has
    been discussed in all possible ways).

    --Pierre
  • Johannes Schlüter at Sep 10, 2007 at 4:15 pm