Hello Everyone,

I hope I'm not too far off here but getting rid of flock.c in
win32\build\config.w32 an adding flock_compat to ext\standard\config.w32
seams to solve the compile problems, at least in the 5.2 branch.

- Frank

Search Discussions

  • Rasmus Lerdorf at Apr 6, 2007 at 4:26 am

    Frank M. Kromann wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

    I hope I'm not too far off here but getting rid of flock.c in
    win32\build\config.w32 an adding flock_compat to ext\standard\config.w32
    seams to solve the compile problems, at least in the 5.2 branch.
    Rob tracked it down to the fact that it was using stdio. I hadn't
    realized that. So, the fix is to use VCWD_OPEN_MODE instead of FOPEN
    and a write() instead of the fprintf.

    -Rasmus
  • Frank M. Kromann at Apr 6, 2007 at 4:39 am
    Hi Rasmus,

    But the definition of flock in win32/flock.c() is identical to the
    definition of php_flock() in ext/standard/flock_compat.c.

    I don't see any reason to hae the same function defined twice with two
    different names.

    - Frank
    Frank M. Kromann wrote:
    Hello Everyone,

    I hope I'm not too far off here but getting rid of flock.c in
    win32\build\config.w32 an adding flock_compat to
    ext\standard\config.w32
    seams to solve the compile problems, at least in the 5.2 branch.
    Rob tracked it down to the fact that it was using stdio. I hadn't
    realized that. So, the fix is to use VCWD_OPEN_MODE instead of FOPEN
    and a write() instead of the fprintf.

    -Rasmus

  • Rasmus Lerdorf at Apr 6, 2007 at 4:42 am
    Sure, but the lock isn't needed at all here, so while your fix is
    probably correct for other cases that actually need a lock call, this
    isn't one of them.

    -Rasmus