Hello,

I am consuming some Java provide webservices. In some cases we get
SOAPFault instances, that I would like to massage a bit, since I do not
like the structure or format in the generated SOAPFault (for example it
does not set the error code properly). However since there are no
setters, I have to create a new Exception instance. So I am wondering if
it makes sense to add some setters to the default Exception class to
make this sort of thing possible without creating a new Exception
instance ..?

regards,
Lukas

Search Discussions

  • Marcus Boerger at Feb 21, 2007 at 9:11 am
    Hello Lukas,

    the default exception class will not get any setters anytime. The reason
    is that we have to rely on the generated info and cannot change it due to
    the way the exception object is used and especially destroyed. I see two
    ways here. First changing/fixing whatever SOAPFault is based on and second
    we could create what you need - generating a working copy - somewhere.

    best regards
    marcus

    I am consuming some Java provide webservices. In some cases we get
    SOAPFault instances, that I would like to massage a bit, since I do not
    like the structure or format in the generated SOAPFault (for example it
    does not set the error code properly). However since there are no
    setters, I have to create a new Exception instance. So I am wondering if
    it makes sense to add some setters to the default Exception class to
    make this sort of thing possible without creating a new Exception
    instance ..?
    regards,
    Lukas

    Best regards,