I tracked down the failure of test ext/standard/tests/math/bug24142.phpt
when I tried PHP 4.4.5RC1 and found out the following: The brokenness
test in the configure script, namely

#include <math.h>
int main() {
return floor(0.045*pow(10,2) + 0.5)/10.0 != 0.5;
}

didn't work properly for me. I changed it to the following to detect the
proper PHP_ROUND_FUZZ (reducing it further changed its behaviour):

#include <math.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
double value = 0.045;
value = floor(value * 100.0 + 0.5) / 100.0;
return value != 0.05;
}

Reproduction sequence:
cschneid@abflex:~/ $ cc -lm -O0 -Wall -o t t.c
cschneid@abflex:~/ $ ./t && echo OK
OK
cschneid@abflex:~/ $ cc -lm -O2 -Wall -o t t.c
cschneid@abflex:~/ $ ./t && echo OK
cschneid@abflex:~/ $

System information:
SUSE LINUX 10.0 (i586)
gcc version 4.0.2 20050901 (prerelease) (SUSE Linux)

The difference doesn't exist (i.e. I guess the gcc problem was fixed) in
SUSE LINUX 10.1 / gcc version 4.1.0 (SUSE Linux).

Do you think the configure script should be changed? I'm not sure if my
version of the test works on the system where the original test was
developed.

Regards,
- Chris

Search Discussions

  • Luca Longinotti at Jan 16, 2007 at 3:51 pm

    Christian Schneider wrote:
    Do you think the configure script should be changed? I'm not sure if my
    version of the test works on the system where the original test was
    developed.
    https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/browser/patches/php-patches/4.4.4/4.4.4/php4.4.4-gcc_inline_floor.patch
    That fixes it correctly, and that same fix was later applied to the PHP5
    branch, just never backported to 4_4. So, if the maintainer wants to fix
    it in 4_4 too (I'd recommend and like that), here's the patch, enjoy!

    --
    Best regards,
    Luca Longinotti aka CHTEKK

    LongiTEKK Networks Admin: chtekk@longitekk.com
    Gentoo Dev: chtekk@gentoo.org
    SysCP Dev: chtekk@syscp.org
    TILUG Supporter: chtekk@tilug.ch
  • Derick Rethans at Jan 22, 2007 at 8:00 pm

    Do you think the configure script should be changed? I'm not sure if my
    version of the test works on the system where the original test was
    developed.
    https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/php/browser/patches/php-patches/4.4.4/4.4.4/php4.4.4-gcc_inline_floor.patch
    That fixes it correctly, and that same fix was later applied to the PHP5
    branch, just never backported to 4_4. So, if the maintainer wants to fix
    it in 4_4 too (I'd recommend and like that), here's the patch, enjoy!
    Thanks, I applied this one now.

    regards,
    Derick

groupphp-internals @