Hi all,

I'm sorry to ask this again, but I can't find the way to compile my custom
extension against the bundled libmysql in PHP4 on Windows. I'm trying to
fetch a mysql extension resource ( zend_fetch_list_dtor_id("mysql link") &
ZEND_FETCH_RESOURCE2 with that id). I'm using header and library files from
the included ext/mysql/libmysql directory, but when running from the command
line I get a 'Access violation writing location ...'.
The extension works great in PHP5 Win/Unix.

Any suggestion?

Thank you very much in advance.

Mauro Nicolás Infantino
Departamento de Desarrollo
mauroi@digbang.com
Vera 568 - BA - Argentina :: 54 11 4857 6585 :: www.digbang.com

Search Discussions

  • Edin Kadribasic at Dec 11, 2006 at 10:32 pm
    Hi,

    I'm afraid you're out of luck there. We don't export symbols from the
    bundled libmysql so there is practically no way an extension can use
    that lib.

    Do you have to make the extension that work with the stock php 4? Or is
    working with an alternative build acceptable? I'm making the alternative
    builds available at http://edin.dk/categories/4-PHP4-+-Mysql mostly
    because people need to use php4 with newer mysql.

    Edin

    Mauro N. Infantino wrote:
    Hi all,

    I'm sorry to ask this again, but I can't find the way to compile my custom
    extension against the bundled libmysql in PHP4 on Windows. I'm trying to
    fetch a mysql extension resource ( zend_fetch_list_dtor_id("mysql link") &
    ZEND_FETCH_RESOURCE2 with that id). I'm using header and library files from
    the included ext/mysql/libmysql directory, but when running from the command
    line I get a 'Access violation writing location ...'.
    The extension works great in PHP5 Win/Unix.

    Any suggestion?

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Mauro Nicolás Infantino
    Departamento de Desarrollo