This seams to be a problem in TSRM. I get this error when using the CLI
version but not with the CGI version. I think this is the same error
reported with the tidy extension (and possible others that register a dtor
for global data.

Looking a bit at the code I see one difference between CLI and CGI:

In php_cli.c we have

#ifdef ZTS
tsrm_shutdown();
#endif

and in cgi_main.c we have

#ifdef ZTS
/*tsrm_shutdown();*/
#endif

If I disable tsrm_shutdown() in the cli code I do not get a crash. Any
reason why the code is different here?

- Frank