I am a newbie to PHP. I've installed a php5-cgi-5.1.2_1 from FreeBSD
ports collection and access it by FastCGI protocol from nginx HTTP
server. I've tried an example of "Hello World" PHP script from the
following tutorial page:

http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php

This is how the resulting HTML code is expected to look like, according
to the tutorial:

<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>

And following is the HTML code I've got:

<head>
<title>PHP Test</title>
</head>

Why there is no newline afer " <p>Hello World</p>" ?
Is it a PHP bug or the tutorial should be updated?

P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list, please Cc your reply.

Search Discussions

  • Johannes Schlueter at Mar 18, 2006 at 11:16 am
    Hi Rostislav,

    this is no support forum but a place for discussing the development of the PHP
    runtime. PLease see http://php.net/support.php to see where to ask this kind
    of questions.

    Thanks,
    johannes
    I am a newbie to PHP. I've installed a php5-cgi-5.1.2_1 from FreeBSD
    ports collection and access it by FastCGI protocol from nginx HTTP
    server. I've tried an example of "Hello World" PHP script from the
    following tutorial page:

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/tutorial.firstpage.php

    This is how the resulting HTML code is expected to look like, according
    to the tutorial:

    <head>
    <title>PHP Test</title>
    </head>

    And following is the HTML code I've got:

    <head>
    <title>PHP Test</title>
    </head>

    Why there is no newline afer " <p>Hello World</p>" ?
    Is it a PHP bug or the tutorial should be updated?

    P.S. I'm not subscribed to this list, please Cc your reply.

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedMar 18, '06 at 8:44a
activeMar 18, '06 at 11:16a