Further to my earlier mail, does anyone have/know of a
working example that demonstrates private data held in
C/C++ and encapsulated within a Php/Zend object for
storage, exposing a Php class, per George Schlossnagle's
recommendation/example?

Cheers,

Andrew.

Search Discussions

  • Hartmut Holzgraefe at Mar 5, 2006 at 10:44 am

    Andrew Mather wrote:
    Further to my earlier mail, does anyone have/know of a
    working example that demonstrates private data held in
    C/C++ and encapsulated within a Php/Zend object for
    storage, exposing a Php class, per George Schlossnagle's
    recommendation/example?
    (warning: shameless plug ahead as usual)

    not per Georges example but CodeGen_PECL has support for this

    it is not docuemted yet but there is an example in its CVS
    repository that shows how to create a class with payload data
    which is also used as a testcase:

    http://cvs.php.net/viewcvs.cgi/pear/CodeGen_PECL/docs/examples/class_payload.xml?view=markup

    --
    Hartmut Holzgraefe, Senior Support Engineer .
    MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

    Join me at MySQL's 2006 Users Conference, April 24-27!
    http://www.mysqluc.com/
  • Marcus Boerger at Mar 5, 2006 at 11:28 am
    Hello Andrew,

    nearly all classes in ext SPL have payload fields. Also SimpleXML, PDO,
    SQLite, MySqlI, DOM and a bunch of other extensions have.

    To add another shameless plug, all my extension writing talks contain an
    example available in full source code that shows it. If you take the last
    one, PHP Code Camp, it is slide 62. See http://talks.php.net

    Further to my earlier mail, does anyone have/know of a
    working example that demonstrates private data held in
    C/C++ and encapsulated within a Php/Zend object for
    storage, exposing a Php class, per George Schlossnagle's
    recommendation/example?
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

    Best regards,