- "abstract" is no longer valid in interfaces.

- that "curly brace" thing?
I've some fear of terrifying would-be upgraders with an
unnecessarily long list here :)
You're kidding.

If you're intentionally not adding things to that list, better do not
compile the list at all. If people use it as a pre-upgrade checklist and
still get in trouble because of some item not mentioned, guess what they
will do the next time? "Upgrade", but to another language.

You need a list like this to gain trust in that it's worth upgrading and
in sticking to PHP.

mp.

Search Discussions

  • Steph Fox at Nov 18, 2005 at 1:39 pm
    Hi Matthias,

    I'm talking about skipping new features, not about skipping changes that
    will affect existing code.

    'That curly brace thing' is already in. Checking abstraction in interfaces,
    thanks for your input!

    - Steph