Hopefully I have the PDO stuff outlined a little better now.

I know Dmitry and Derick have both committed changes today that should go in
here, and await the outcome of the zend_parse_parameters() discussion with
interest.

Anything else missing?

- Steph

Search Discussions

  • Wez Furlong at Nov 15, 2005 at 7:25 pm
    "The 'sqlite2' PDO driver supplied
    to PDO via the sqlite extension, allows you to access legacy SQLite 2
    databases created by external processes or with earlier versions of PHP."

    I'd reword this as "The sqlite extension also provides the PDO
    'sqlite2' driver, and allows you to access legacy SQLite 2 databases
    ..."

    Also: "New
    projects should use PDO and the 'sqlite' (version 3) driver, as this is
    faster than SQLite 2, handles write locking, and supports both prepared
    statements and binary columns natively."

    I'd write this instead:

    "New
    projects should use PDO and the 'sqlite' (version 3) driver, as this is
    faster than SQLite 2, has improved locking concurrency, and supports
    both prepared
    statements and binary columns natively."

    --Wez.
    Hopefully I have the PDO stuff outlined a little better now.

    I know Dmitry and Derick have both committed changes today that should go in
    here, and await the outcome of the zend_parse_parameters() discussion with
    interest.

    Anything else missing?

    - Steph

  • Steph Fox at Nov 16, 2005 at 12:17 am
    Thanks Wez, consider it done - and sorry I took up so much of your time
    today, I know you're busy.

[...]

  • Lukas Smith at Nov 15, 2005 at 9:08 pm

    Steph Fox wrote:

    Anything else missing?
    I have listed a few items here. I havent checked which ones you covered
    in your test:
    http://oss.backendmedia.com/PhP51

    But from a quick glance you may have missed points 4-6

    regards,
    Lukas
  • Steph Fox at Nov 16, 2005 at 12:17 am
    Thanks Lukas, looking.

    I have listed a few items here. I havent checked which ones you covered
    in your test:
    http://oss.backendmedia.com/PhP51

    But from a quick glance you may have missed points 4-6

    regards,
    Lukas

  • Derick Rethans at Nov 16, 2005 at 7:22 am

    Hopefully I have the PDO stuff outlined a little better now.

    I know Dmitry and Derick have both committed changes today that should go in
    here, and await the outcome of the zend_parse_parameters() discussion with
    interest.

    Anything else missing?
    I think you can add a link to the manual for the TZ stuff to show which
    timezones we support:

    http://www.php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

    regards,
    Derick