as nobody was able to answer my question on IRC,
I just drop it here:

Is it useless (yet even counter-productive) to enable
pass_by_ref in an ARG_INFO section for a function or
method that expects an object?

By "counter-productive" I mean that I'd need to actually
pass an identifier for a variable.

Michael - < mike(@)php.net >

Search Discussions

  • Wez Furlong at Sep 15, 2005 at 2:23 pm
    Only use references when you need to be able to overwrite the variable.

    --Wez.
    as nobody was able to answer my question on IRC,
    I just drop it here:

    Is it useless (yet even counter-productive) to enable
    pass_by_ref in an ARG_INFO section for a function or
    method that expects an object?

    By "counter-productive" I mean that I'd need to actually
    pass an identifier for a variable.

    Michael - < mike(@)php.net >

  • Michael Wallner at Sep 15, 2005 at 2:33 pm

    Hi Wez Furlong, you wrote:

    Only use references when you need to be able to overwrite the variable.
    Ok, and what about return_by_ref?

    Michael - < mike(@)php.net >

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedSep 15, '05 at 2:06p
activeSep 15, '05 at 2:33p
websitephp.net

2 users in discussion

Michael Wallner: 2 posts Wez Furlong: 1 post