We're getting a lot of reports from Fedora Core 4 users that the shipped
PHP 5.0.4 is triggering some refcounting bug breaking some common apps;
the attached file is a repro case which triggers the segfault after
following the link.

I've traced this through and it seems that the refcount on
PS(http_session_vars) prematurely drops to zero on leaving the foreach()
loop, but haven't looked any further. Does this ring any bells with
anyone? It seems to work OK in the 5.1.0 beta2 release but I can't see
anything relevant mentioned explicitly in NEWS, and I'm not sure if
we'll be able to ship 5.1.0 as an update for FC4 since it breaks binary
module compatibility...

Regards,

joe

Search Discussions

  • Pierre-Alain Joye at Jun 27, 2005 at 3:13 pm

    We're getting a lot of reports from Fedora Core 4 users that the
    shipped PHP 5.0.4 is triggering some refcounting bug breaking
    some common apps; the attached file is a repro case which
    triggers the segfault after following the link.
    You have to use .txt attachment here, everything else is removed.

    --Pierre
  • Derick Rethans at Jun 27, 2005 at 3:19 pm

    You have to use .txt attachment here, everything else is removed.
    He did - i saw the attachment ;-)

    Derick
  • Stefan Esser at Jun 27, 2005 at 3:21 pm

    You have to use .txt attachment here, everything else is removed.
    Not really... I got his file.

    Stefan

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp