Hello!

The PHP Team just released it's first release candidate for PHP 4.4.0.
This is solely a bug-fix only release, the increased middle digit is
needed because this release changes PHP's Internal API that causes
third-party binary extensions to be incompatible with PHP 4.3.x.

This release address a major problem within PHP concerning references.
If references where used in a wrong way, PHP would often create memory
corruptions which would not always surface and be visible. In other
cases it can cause variables and objects to change type or class. If you
encountered strange behavior like this, this release might fix it.

Besides addressing this reference related bug, 46 other bugs are fixed.
Please test this release and report any bugs or problems in our
bugsystem (after searching first).

If all goes well I plan to roll a release of 4.4.0 on June 27th. If
there are problems a new RC will follow. Only critical bugs are going to
be fixed between RC1 and RC2.

You can find 4.4.0 RC1 at http://qa.php.net/~derick/php-4.4.0RC1.tar.bz2

regards,
Derick

Search Discussions

  • Nuno Lopes at Jun 13, 2005 at 7:06 pm
    I've tested it under solaris 9 and it failed 3 tests:

    FAILED TEST SUMMARY
    Bug #31213 (Sideeffects caused by bug #29493)
    [ext/standard/tests/array/bug31213.phpt]
    Bug #25665 (var_dump () hangs on Nan and INF)
    [ext/standard/tests/math/bug25665.phpt]
    Bug #27780 (strtotime(+1 xxx) returns a wrong date/time)
    [ext/standard/tests/time/bug27780.phpt]

    TEST RESULT SUMMARY
    Exts skipped : 78
    Exts tested : 9
    Number of tests : 629
    Tests skipped : 284 (45.2%)
    Tests warned : 0 (0.0%)
    Tests failed : 3 (0.5%)
    Tests passed : 342 (54.4%)
    Time taken : 38 seconds

    Nuno

    P.S.: the 'make test' didn't submit the report properly (at least i couldnt
    find it in the news server)

    --
    Derick Rethans
    http://derickrethans.nl | http://ez.no | http://xdebug.org

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedJun 13, '05 at 6:08p
activeJun 13, '05 at 7:06p
websitephp.net

2 users in discussion

Derick Rethans: 1 post Nuno Lopes: 1 post