FAQ
I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt

Thanks.

-adam

--
adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!

Search Discussions

  • Antony Dovgal at May 11, 2005 at 7:36 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT) Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS enabled).

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com
  • Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg at May 11, 2005 at 8:16 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Antony Dovgal wrote:

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS enabled).
    That could be okay. I wasn't sure how TSRMLS_FETCH() effected the EG()
    and CG() macros.

    FWIW, I am using "gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)".

    -adam

    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
  • Antony Dovgal at May 11, 2005 at 8:21 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 15:57:54 -0400 (EDT) Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Antony Dovgal wrote:

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS enabled).
    That could be okay. I wasn't sure how TSRMLS_FETCH() effected the EG()
    and CG() macros.

    FWIW, I am using "gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)".
    Please try next snapshot (or update your local CVS repository), I committed the patch few seconds ago.

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com
  • Andi Gutmans at May 11, 2005 at 9:36 pm
    I just emailed. Adam, you were right and CG()/EG() can't be accessed before
    TSRM_FETCH()
    At 03:57 PM 5/11/2005 -0400, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Antony Dovgal wrote:

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations
    doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without
    ZTS enabled).

    That could be okay. I wasn't sure how TSRMLS_FETCH() effected the EG()
    and CG() macros.

    FWIW, I am using "gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)".

    -adam

    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!

    --
    PHP Internals - PHP Runtime Development Mailing List
    To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
  • Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg at May 11, 2005 at 10:04 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Andi Gutmans wrote:

    I just emailed. Adam, you were right and CG()/EG() can't be accessed before
    TSRM_FETCH()
    So we need to declare the vars, call TSRM_FETCH(), and then assign
    values from CG()/EG()?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt

    Right now it compiles, but I haven't verified if it behaves correctly.

    -adam

    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
  • Andi Gutmans at May 11, 2005 at 10:25 pm
    Yep.
    At 05:48 PM 5/11/2005 -0400, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Andi Gutmans wrote:

    I just emailed. Adam, you were right and CG()/EG() can't be accessed before
    TSRM_FETCH()
    So we need to declare the vars, call TSRM_FETCH(), and then assign
    values from CG()/EG()?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt

    Right now it compiles, but I haven't verified if it behaves correctly.

    -adam

    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
  • Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg at May 11, 2005 at 11:13 pm
    Tony --

    In that case, can you recommit a revised patch similar to the one
    linked to below? I don't have ext/soap karma.

    -adam
    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Andi Gutmans wrote:

    Yep.
    At 05:48 PM 5/11/2005 -0400, Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005, Andi Gutmans wrote:

    I just emailed. Adam, you were right and CG()/EG() can't be accessed before
    TSRM_FETCH()
    So we need to declare the vars, call TSRM_FETCH(), and then assign
    values from CG()/EG()?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt

    Right now it compiles, but I haven't verified if it behaves correctly.

    -adam

    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
  • Antony Dovgal at May 11, 2005 at 11:15 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:49:53 -0400 (EDT) Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

    Tony --

    In that case, can you recommit a revised patch similar to the one
    linked to below? I don't have ext/soap karma.
    Already done, Adam, the lists are lagging..
    Thanks for pointing it out.

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com
  • Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg at May 11, 2005 at 11:15 pm

    On Thu, 12 May 2005, Antony Dovgal wrote:

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:49:53 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    Tony --

    In that case, can you recommit a revised patch similar to the one
    linked to below? I don't have ext/soap karma.
    Already done, Adam, the lists are lagging..
    Thanks for pointing it out.
    Yea. I just saw the cvs commit. Thanks!

    -adam


    --
    adam@trachtenberg.com | http://www.trachtenberg.com
    author of o'reilly's "upgrading to php 5" and "php cookbook"
    avoid the holiday rush, buy your copies today!
  • Dmitry Stogov at May 12, 2005 at 6:42 am
    Adam, Tony,

    Thank you for fixing this bug.
    My mistake.

    Thanks. Dmitry.
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Antony Dovgal
    Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 2:53 AM
    To: Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg
    Cc: andi@zend.com; internals@lists.php.net; dmitry@zend.com
    Subject: Re: [PHP-DEV] ext/soap parse error in HEAD


    On Wed, 11 May 2005 18:49:53 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    Tony --

    In that case, can you recommit a revised patch similar to the one
    linked to below? I don't have ext/soap karma.
    Already done, Adam, the lists are lagging..
    Thanks for pointing it out.

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com

    --
    PHP Internals - PHP Runtime Development Mailing List
    To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php
  • L0t3k at May 11, 2005 at 8:44 pm
    Antony,
    i've had a similar issue with extensions i've written. i get
    "Undeclared identifer" problems under VS.NET if TSRMLS_FETCH() does not
    appear after all other declarations.

    l0t3k

    "Antony Dovgal" <antony@zend.com> wrote in message
    news:20050511231817.08022b66.antony@zend.com...
    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:
    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations
    doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS
    enabled).

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com
  • Rob Richards at May 11, 2005 at 9:14 pm
    Ok, now I cant build under windows with that change.

    Rob

    Antony Dovgal wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:


    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt
    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS enabled).

  • Antony Dovgal at May 11, 2005 at 9:36 pm

    On Wed, 11 May 2005 17:08:40 -0400 Rob Richards wrote:

    Ok, now I cant build under windows with that change.
    Ok, fixed.

    --
    Wbr,
    Antony Dovgal aka tony2001
    antony@zend.com
  • Rasmus Lerdorf at May 11, 2005 at 10:04 pm

    Antony Dovgal wrote:
    On Wed, 11 May 2005 13:56:46 -0400 (EDT)
    Adam Maccabee Trachtenberg wrote:

    I'm getting a parse error with ext/soap in HEAD. This patch seems to
    fix my problem. Can someone review and apply?

    http://www.trachtenberg.com/patches/soap_error_handler.txt

    Are you sure that moving TSRMLS_FETCH() at the end of all declarations doesn't help?
    What compiler are you using? (gcc-3.3.4 works fine, with and without ZTS enabled).
    Yes, just moving it to the end solves it on my old FreeBSD box.

    -Rasmus

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedMay 11, '05 at 6:16p
activeMay 12, '05 at 6:42a
posts15
users7
websitephp.net

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase