Hi

After a long look into the configure stuff for iconv, I found out, why
it doesn't (even try to) compile on my OS X 10.3 box.

in acinclude.m4 for PHP_SETUP_ICONV, there is somewhere

test -f $ICONV_DIR/$PHP_LIBDIR/lib$iconv_lib_name.$SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME

$SHLIB_SUFFIX_NAME is 'so', but system wide libraries on OSX end on
'dylib'.

I assume, this variable is also used for later building the shared libs,
so that's basically ok (libphp5 and shared extensions are ending on
'.so', even on OSX )

I have no idea, what I have to change, or if there's another variable
for that. Can please anyone with more insight than me have a look at that?

thanks

chregu
--
christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60 | fax +41 1 240 56 71

Search Discussions

  • Moriyoshi Koizumi at Feb 9, 2005 at 12:58 am
    I've experienced the same. The following improper change was left
    forgotten when Jani applied his fix that is eventually correct.

    http://cvs.php.net/diff.php/php-src/acinclude.m4?r1=1.275&r2=1.276&ty=u

    Moriyoshi
[...]

  • Jani Taskinen at Feb 10, 2005 at 1:13 pm
    Please blame the correct people, not always by default ME. :)
    I never touched this macro, it was andrei:

    cvs diff -r1.275 -r1.276 acinclude.m4

    revision 1.276
    date: 2004/11/09 20:58:22; author: andrei; state: Exp; lines: +1 -4
    .dylib extension are Mach-O shared libraries that meant for linking
    against. Loadable modules (aka bundles) can have any extension, so we
    should probably stick with .so

    http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/shared.php?phpLang=en#lib-and-mod

    --Jani

[...]

  • Moriyoshi Koizumi at Feb 11, 2005 at 3:46 am

    Please blame the correct people, not always by default ME. :)
    I never touched this macro, it was andrei:
    I didn't blame you, but I just wanted to say you did it right :)

    Moriyoshi

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp
postedFeb 8, '05 at 7:06p