I've been having some problems building some modules or embedding the
function in PHP.

I've attempted to build several different modules and all give the same
results.

If I build as a module, placing an 'extension=' entry in php.ini
causes a dylib error.

dyld: /usr/sbin/httpd Undefined symbols:
__array_init
__convert_to_string
__efree
__emalloc
__estrdup
__estrndup
_add_assoc_long_ex
_add_next_index_double
_add_next_index_string
_convert_to_array
_convert_to_long

_

Without the 'extension=' entry in php.ini, placing an entry in my php
script "dl('module.so');" results in the following log entry:

[Fri Feb 4 06:12:38 2005] [error] PHP Warning: module: Unable to
register functions, unable to load in Unknown on line 0

_

If I use this entry in my php script, the module functions work
properly.

if (!function_exists('my_function') && @dl('module.so')) {

_

Is there anything specific I need to do for Mac OSX to build modules or
embed them in PHP so they work properly?

Search Discussions

  • Andrei Zmievski at Feb 4, 2005 at 7:20 pm
    Make sure it was compiled as a bundle and not as a shared library. There
    is a difference. Run this:

    % file <path>

    And if it replies "Mach-O dynamically linked shared library ppc", it was
    compiled in the wrong way. The latest updates to build system should fix
    this automatically.