I am having problem building extension with long names. As an example say my
extension name is foooo_naaaaame_baaaaar and
FOOOO_NAAAAAME_BAAAAAR_SHARED_LIBADD is used to link libraries.

The problem is when the Makefile is generated I get
FOOOO_NAAAAAME_BAAAAAR_SHARED_LIBADD at the top of the Makefile, but
FOOOONAAAAAMEBAAAAAR_SHARED_LIBADD at the bottom for the link line.

If I change line 1224 of acinclude.m4 from:

$3/$1.la: \$($2) \$(translit($1,a-z-,A-Z_)_SHARED_DEPENDENCIES)

to:

$3/$1.la: \$($2) \$(translit($1,a-z_-,A-Z__)_SHARED_DEPENDENCIES)

it works fine. What else is strange is that if I shorten the name it works
with out the change (foooo_baaaaar works).

Did something change recently to cause this? If nobody sees a problem with the
change I am going to check it in.

Thanks,

Brian

Search Discussions

  • Sascha Schumann at Aug 13, 2003 at 10:17 pm

    Did something change recently to cause this? If nobody sees a
    problem with the change I am going to check it in.
    There are some translit instances which should be aligned
    with common usage. Please submit a patch for review.

    - Sascha
  • Brian J. France at Aug 13, 2003 at 10:31 pm
    Here is a patch, it is actually two lines that need changed.

    Thanks,

    Brian
    Did something change recently to cause this? If nobody sees a
    problem with the change I am going to check it in.
    There are some translit instances which should be aligned
    with common usage. Please submit a patch for review.

    - Sascha
  • Sascha Schumann at Aug 13, 2003 at 10:35 pm

    Here is a patch, it is actually two lines that need changed.
    Ok to commit to all relevant branches.

    - Sascha

groupphp-internals @
categoriesphp