i have an extension which uses a huge chunk of static data (about 1 Meg).
instead of compiling it into the extension, i set up a sub project to
compile the data into a shared object/DLL so memory could be more
efficiently used across multiple processes. in any case i exported the data
(or so i thought) from the DLL, but in the debugger all i get is NULs. is it
possible to export global variables of arbitrary type in VC6, or are we
limited to primitive types ?

l0t3k
BTW - the data is essentially a byte array prefixed by a header and TOC

Search Discussions

  • Derick Rethans at Jun 9, 2003 at 7:47 am

    i have an extension which uses a huge chunk of static data (about 1 Meg).
    instead of compiling it into the extension, i set up a sub project to
    compile the data into a shared object/DLL so memory could be more
    efficiently used across multiple processes. in any case i exported the data
    (or so i thought) from the DLL, but in the debugger all i get is NULs. is it
    possible to export global variables of arbitrary type in VC6, or are we
    limited to primitive types ?
    I don't see what this has to do with PHP at all, but anyway, you can
    export all kinds of types, even functions and complex data structures.

    Derick

    --
    "my other box is your windows PC"
    Derick Rethans http://derickrethans.nl/