Hello,

My name is Katerina, I am a software engineer from Macedonia, working as a
PHP developer for 3.5 years now. I haven't been very active in the
community so far, but I would like to join and give my input. I read
through the getting started files and I think starting with the PHP
Documentation team would be the best choice. I also wanted to ask if you
would consider translating the documentation in Macedonian. I would be
happy to work on that, since from what I could see no one is doing that now.

I would like to hear your advice about what would be best to start with.
I'm really looking forward to taking part of this team.

Best,

Katerina Trajchevska

Software Engineer at ADEVA IT
<http://adevait.com/>

Search Discussions

  • Christoph Becker at Mar 31, 2016 at 6:55 pm

    Katerina Trajchevska wrote:

    Hello, Hi!
    My name is Katerina, I am a software engineer from Macedonia, working as a
    PHP developer for 3.5 years now. I haven't been very active in the
    community so far, but I would like to join and give my input. I read
    through the getting started files and I think starting with the PHP
    Documentation team would be the best choice.
    Great! You might start with submitting some improvements/additions via
    <https://edit.php.net/>.
    I also wanted to ask if you
    would consider translating the documentation in Macedonian. I would be
    happy to work on that, since from what I could see no one is doing that now.
    I'm not sure if starting a new translation with only a single translator
    would make sense. We have partial translations of the PHP manual in 31
    languages[1], but only ten of these are available via php.net and its
    mirrors, because the other 21 are totally out-dated.

    [1] <http://doc.php.net/revcheck.php>

    --
    Christoph M. Becker
  • Katerina Trajchevska at Mar 31, 2016 at 7:19 pm

    Thanks for responding. I tried logging in with gmail on edit.php.net, but
    it didn't pass. I read I should log in with the same account after
    contacting you. Or should I start as an anonymous user?

    About the translation - understood. I saw there was one person translating
    in Bulgarian, so I thought that's an option. I'll start here and see how it
    goes :)

[...]

  • Christoph Becker at Apr 1, 2016 at 7:14 pm

    Katerina Trajchevska wrote:

    Hi Christoph!

    Thanks for responding. I tried logging in with gmail on edit.php.net, but
    it didn't pass. I read I should log in with the same account after
    contacting you. Or should I start as an anonymous user?
    I'm not sure why your Gmail account doesn't work (I'm assuming that it
    is a general Google login). I suggest you try to login with your
    Facebook account (just click the Facebook icon on the right hand side of
    the login form, and log in if necessary). anonymous is supposed to also
    work, but of course that would make it harder to track your submissions.
    About the translation - understood. I saw there was one person translating
    in Bulgarian, so I thought that's an option. I'll start here and see how it
    goes :)
    Fine! :)

    --
    Christoph M. Becker