Grokbase Groups PHP php-doc May 2003
Last I heard the discussion on the authors list for the PHP manual distilled
down to contributors submitting a "resume" of involvement in the
documentation project. To that end I've got a merge of a scan though CVS
and my own memory below including links to diffs and/or compiled
documentation as appropriate and available.

http://frankenbox.alphaweb.net/php-resume.html

Search Discussions

  • Gabor Hojtsy at May 28, 2003 at 2:56 pm

    Last I heard the discussion on the authors list for the PHP manual distilled
    down to contributors submitting a "resume" of involvement in the
    documentation project. To that end I've got a merge of a scan though CVS
    and my own memory below including links to diffs and/or compiled
    documentation as appropriate and available.

    http://frankenbox.alphaweb.net/php-resume.html
    Hm, I must say that this is an impressive list ;) Still some of the
    items are very small changes, and the others are much bigger ones [or
    changes with a higher impact on the docs]. I think the next time this
    contributor crediting question comes up [probably after Linuxtag] you
    should send this in again. We will have some discussion on the topic at
    Linuxtag, it would probably help to finally settle on a method, and
    start adding contributors.

    Goba
  • Thomas Schöfbeck at Jun 1, 2003 at 9:06 pm

    Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
    Last I heard the discussion on the authors list for the PHP manual
    distilled
    down to contributors submitting a "resume" of involvement in the
    documentation project. To that end I've got a merge of a scan though CVS
    and my own memory below including links to diffs and/or compiled
    documentation as appropriate and available.

    http://frankenbox.alphaweb.net/php-resume.html

    Hm, I must say that this is an impressive list ;) Still some of the
    items are very small changes, and the others are much bigger ones [or
    changes with a higher impact on the docs]. I think the next time this
    contributor crediting question comes up [probably after Linuxtag] you
    should send this in again. We will have some discussion on the topic at
    Linuxtag, it would probably help to finally settle on a method, and
    start adding contributors.
    Sorry, I didn't follow this discussion completely (have 1.600 unread
    posts:), but I think this kind of "application" shouldn't be necessary
    at all.

    We all know who contributes regularly, so I think making such a list is
    pure waste of time which could be used more productive.

    IF you want to call it "Contributor list", then all the people who
    contribute regularly should be mentioned there (and Sara does this since
    an amount of time, where it doesn't seem that she will stop it soon, so
    she should be mentioned IMO).

    So far my 2 cents,
    Thomas
  • Gabor Hojtsy at Jun 2, 2003 at 4:22 pm

[...]

    Well the original point was that we don't remember everybodys work. So
    if there is any doubt, [s]he should prove it, and it should nor be
    everybody else's work to go after him/her and see what [s]he added /
    edited / ....

    Thomas, can you join the phpdoc meeting in Karlsruhe. That would
    probably better boost you into phpdoc life again.

    Goba
  • Thomas Schöfbeck at Jun 2, 2003 at 7:45 pm

    Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't follow this discussion completely (have 1.600 unread
    posts:), but I think this kind of "application" shouldn't be necessary
    at all.

    We all know who contributes regularly, so I think making such a list
    is pure waste of time which could be used more productive.

    IF you want to call it "Contributor list", then all the people who
    contribute regularly should be mentioned there (and Sara does this
    since an amount of time, where it doesn't seem that she will stop it
    soon, so she should be mentioned IMO).

    Well the original point was that we don't remember everybodys work. So
    if there is any doubt, [s]he should prove it, and it should nor be
    everybody else's work to go after him/her and see what [s]he added /
    edited / ....
    Sounds reasonble to me, and if I see this just a "preventive shot" by
    sara, it's fully OK to me.
    Thomas, can you join the phpdoc meeting in Karlsruhe. That would
    probably better boost you into phpdoc life again.
    It's a pity to miss the meeting this year again, but I start a new job
    in a new company at July 1st, so the chances to get vacation at the 10th
    are very low.

    But I wish you all a nice and successful meeting (And a not too "wet"
    evening ;)!

    Thomas
  • Gabor Hojtsy at Jun 3, 2003 at 12:14 pm

    Thomas, can you join the phpdoc meeting in Karlsruhe. That would
    probably better boost you into phpdoc life again.
    It's a pity to miss the meeting this year again, but I start a new job
    in a new company at July 1st, so the chances to get vacation at the 10th
    are very low.

    But I wish you all a nice and successful meeting (And a not too "wet"
    evening ;)!
    It's a pity that you cannot attend. :( Have success with your new job!

    Goba

groupphp-doc @
categoriesphp
postedMay 28, '03 at 12:00a