Hi all

I've upgraded all our translations, and english, to Docbook5.

We are hitting few bugs here and there both in libxml2 (xmllint) and
Docbook itself regarding validation of our files so there are few
bogus warnings. Some of these warnings are however correct and I am
working on fixing them but would appreciate any help I can get.

There are two new test targets, test_xsd and test_rng, the recommended
test target by Docbook is test_rng - but xmllint doesnt like the rng
so much so we recommend test_xsd as it seems to have the lowest bug
count :)

So, the freeze is now officially over \o/

-Hannes

Search Discussions

  • Hartmut Holzgraefe at Jun 24, 2007 at 5:41 pm

    Hannes Magnusson wrote:
    Hi all

    I've upgraded all our translations, and english, to Docbook5.

    We are hitting few bugs here and there both in libxml2 (xmllint) and
    Docbook itself regarding validation of our files so there are few
    bogus warnings. Some of these warnings are however correct and I am
    working on fixing them but would appreciate any help I can get.

    There are two new test targets, test_xsd and test_rng, the recommended
    test target by Docbook is test_rng - but xmllint doesnt like the rng
    so much so we recommend test_xsd as it seems to have the lowest bug
    count :)

    So, the freeze is now officially over \o/
    given the amount of problems that i see right now wouldn't it
    have been a better idea to commit this into a separate branch
    first to test to iron out the problems and only then merge it
    to head?

    Right now all of the test targets return different error information
    to me, the test_xsd target producing the shortest list but at
    the same time the most useless one (file:line info against .manual.xml
    instead of the original source file) and especially the default
    target for a simple "make" completely fails.

    And that is only for the en tree, i haven't even started to
    look into the de tree failures ...

    a !happy hartmut ...

    --
    Hartmut Holzgraefe, Senior Support Engineer .
    MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

    Discover new MySQL Monitoring & Advisory features at:
    http://www.mysql.com/products/enterprise/whats_new.html

    Hauptsitz: MySQL GmbH, Radlkoferstr. 2, D-81373 München
    Geschäftsführer: Kaj Arnö - HRB München 162140
  • Hannes Magnusson at Jun 24, 2007 at 6:11 pm

    I've upgraded all our translations, and english, to Docbook5.

    We are hitting few bugs here and there both in libxml2 (xmllint) and
    Docbook itself regarding validation of our files so there are few
    bogus warnings. Some of these warnings are however correct and I am
    working on fixing them but would appreciate any help I can get.

    There are two new test targets, test_xsd and test_rng, the recommended
    test target by Docbook is test_rng - but xmllint doesnt like the rng
    so much so we recommend test_xsd as it seems to have the lowest bug
    count :)

    So, the freeze is now officially over \o/
    given the amount of problems that i see right now wouldn't it
    have been a better idea to commit this into a separate branch
    first to test to iron out the problems and only then merge it
    to head?
    It would had and that is what I wanted. It was discussed briefly on
    IRC but conclusion was not to.
    I've been fixing the remaining issues all day long and am almost finished now.

    Right now all of the test targets return different error information
    to me, the test_xsd target producing the shortest list but at
    the same time the most useless one (file:line info against .manual.xml
    instead of the original source file) and especially the default
    target for a simple "make" completely fails.
    The short version: entities do not inherit their parents namespaces,
    therefor we need to "build the manual twice", i.e. first generate
    .manual.xml and then validate it.

    The DTD has the same bug as the XSD had (which Gwynne already fixed),
    the RNG warnings are bogus and are caused by a bug in xmllint.
    I recommend you use the test_xsd target.

    The default make target, html, uses the DSSSL voodoo.
    I am planning on switching to XSL build soonish, unless you could have
    a look at the DSSSLs?

    And that is only for the en tree, i haven't even started to
    look into the de tree failures ...
    Gwynne is looking into the internal docs and trying to fix those
    errors, if you build --without-internals everything is fine.

    -Hannes
  • Hannes Magnusson at Jun 24, 2007 at 7:00 pm

    And that is only for the en tree, i haven't even started to
    look into the de tree failures ...
    Gwynne is looking into the internal docs and trying to fix those
    errors, if you build --without-internals everything is fine.
    For the record: en, ja, fr and de all validate now (--without-internals).
    I'm going over the remaining translations (which most are pretty much
    dead) now, most of them however did not even build before the
    upgrade...

    -Hannes
  • Derick Rethans at Jun 24, 2007 at 7:04 pm

    And that is only for the en tree, i haven't even started to
    look into the de tree failures ...
    Gwynne is looking into the internal docs and trying to fix those
    errors, if you build --without-internals everything is fine.
    For the record: en, ja, fr and de all validate now (--without-internals).
    I'm going over the remaining translations (which most are pretty much
    dead) now, most of them however did not even build before the
    upgrade...
    That is not true, you can see that the CHMs for them are build fine:

    http://php.net/download-docs.php?sizes=1

    Derick

groupphp-doc-id @
categoriesphp