Ok...Using newest version of PHP on an NT IIS machine with a SQL 2000
database. Here is the issue:

I have a nvarchar field with a size of 4000.
I submit a text string from a form to this field.
It will display on submit using echo nl2br($variable) and it will display
fine.
When I look in the database, it has all the information stored correctly.
When I pull it back out of the database, it cuts it off and only displays
the first part of the string.

Anyone have any ideas why?

Search Discussions

  • Adam Voigt at Nov 27, 2002 at 1:59 pm
    Yep, NVARCHAR's get pissy at large sizes (in my experience anyway) when
    PHP is interacting with them, (or any of the "N" variables for that
    matter) change it to a TEXT and see what happens.
    Ok...Using newest version of PHP on an NT IIS machine with a SQL 2000
    database. Here is the issue:

    I have a nvarchar field with a size of 4000.
    I submit a text string from a form to this field.
    It will display on submit using echo nl2br($variable) and it will display
    fine.
    When I look in the database, it has all the information stored correctly.
    When I pull it back out of the database, it cuts it off and only displays
    the first part of the string.

    Anyone have any ideas why?

    The Cryptocomm Group
    My GPG Key: http://64.238.252.49:8080/adam_at_cryptocomm.asc
  • Colin mcdonald at Nov 27, 2002 at 8:10 pm
    Try Looking at this parameter in the php.ini:

    ; Valid range 0 - 2147483647. Default = 4096.
    mssql.textlimit = 65536

    ; Valid range 0 - 2147483647. Default = 4096.
    mssql.textsize = 65536

    colin

    "Becky Gruebmeyer" <becky@monkey-boy.com> wrote in message
    Ok...Using newest version of PHP on an NT IIS machine with a SQL 2000
    database. Here is the issue:

    I have a nvarchar field with a size of 4000.
    I submit a text string from a form to this field.
    It will display on submit using echo nl2br($variable) and it will display
    fine.
    When I look in the database, it has all the information stored correctly.
    When I pull it back out of the database, it cuts it off and only displays
    the first part of the string.

    Anyone have any ideas why?

groupphp-dev @
categoriesphp