hi,
i'm trying to get the php tests to run on my windows 2k machine, and having
a lot of trouble. i seem to fail at this line:

if (@!is_executable($php)) {
error("invalid PHP executable specified by TEST_PHP_EXECUTABLE = " .
$php);
}

I removed the '@' to see what was happening, and I get this error message:
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_executable()

I just checked out the latest tree, and recompiled everything, and it all
compiled without an error. Here's the full output:

D:\php\php4>release_ts\php.exe run-tests.php
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_executable() in
D:\php\php4\ru
n-tests.php on line 77

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: is_executable() in
D:\php\php4\run-tes
ts.php on line 77

I'm sure I'm just missed a step somewhere, but I can't seem to figure out
what I've done wrong. (Also, I tried using the MSVC++ testsuite workspace,
but again without success. that error message said:

--------------------Configuration: testsuite - Win32
Release_TS--------------------
Build : warning : failed to (or don't know how to) build
'D:\php\php4\results.txt'
Running Testsuite, please wait...
Error executing c:\winnt\system32\cmd.exe.

testsuite - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

)

Does anyone else have this problem? or does anyone have success building
the tests from Windows?

thanks
dave viner

Search Discussions

  • Melvyn Sopacua at Oct 7, 2002 at 2:37 am
    Hey David,

    msopacua@trinity.webteckies.org ~/cvs/php4/ext/standard
    $ grep -2 is_executable ./php_filestat.h
    PHP_FUNCTION(is_readable);
    #ifndef PHP_WIN32
    PHP_FUNCTION(is_executable);
    #endif
    PHP_FUNCTION(is_file);

    Seems it is disabled for WIN32, which makes sence, since every file on a
    windows
    machine, is by default executable.

    Whether the function should make an effort and emit a warning for these
    systems is
    open to debate.

    It does have security implications...
[...]

    <?php
    include("not_reflecting_employers_views.txt");
    // Needed for Outlook collaboration program, mistaken for email client
    printf("--\n\n%s <%s>", $name_in_from_header, $email_in_from_header);
    ?>
  • Sander Roobol at Oct 7, 2002 at 2:54 pm