http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14431

Bug report of invalid site cert.

I see it myself sometimes - I've never bothered to look at why it complains,
I've just accepted the cert. Anyone able to shed some light?

Search Discussions

  • Rasmus Lerdorf at Aug 2, 2008 at 3:55 pm
    I refuse to pay the Verisign extortion fee. As such, the php.net
    servers use certificates from cacert.org. If you do not have the cacert
    root cert installed, you will get a cert warning. Perhaps this is what
    he was seeing?

    You can install the cacert root certificate by clicking on the
    appropriate one here: http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

    -Rasmus

    Daniel O'Connor wrote:
    http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14431

    Bug report of invalid site cert.

    I see it myself sometimes - I've never bothered to look at why it complains,
    I've just accepted the cert. Anyone able to shed some light?
  • Daniel O'Connor at Aug 2, 2008 at 3:57 pm

    I refuse to pay the Verisign extortion fee. As such, the php.net servers
    use certificates from cacert.org. If you do not have the cacert root cert
    installed, you will get a cert warning. Perhaps this is what he was seeing?
    Makes sense to me. Cheers!

grouppear-webmaster @
categoriesphp
postedAug 2, '08 at 3:38p
activeAug 2, '08 at 3:57p
websitepear.php.net

2 users in discussion

Daniel O'Connor: 2 posts Rasmus Lerdorf: 1 post