Webmaster,

What are the PEAR policies concerning using the pear documentation for
personal / open source work? I have a new project beginning in sourceforge,
and would like to use PEAR's coding standards as a basis for the php coding
in my project. I need to include a hard copy of the standards in the
documentation so as to promote good software engineering practices. Would
there be any issues related to my copying and pasting of PEAR coding
standards (verbatim, with all copyrights, etc. intact) into my project
documentation?

Thank you,
Thomas

Search Discussions

  • Tobias Schlitt at Jan 9, 2004 at 12:17 pm
    Hi Thomas!

    IMHO you can use the documentation as you stay to the
    Open Publication License, v1.0 or later
    (http://www.opencontent.org/openpub/).

    You can read more here:
    http://pear.php.net/manual/en/copyright.php

    Regards,
    Toby
    What are the PEAR policies concerning using the pear documentation for
    personal / open source work? I have a new project beginning in sourceforge,
    and would like to use PEAR's coding standards as a basis for the php coding
    in my project. I need to include a hard copy of the standards in the
    documentation so as to promote good software engineering practices. Would
    there be any issues related to my copying and pasting of PEAR coding
    standards (verbatim, with all copyrights, etc. intact) into my project
    documentation?

    Thank you,
    Thomas

grouppear-webmaster @
categoriesphp
postedJan 9, '04 at 6:17a
activeJan 9, '04 at 12:17p
websitepear.php.net

2 users in discussion

Thomas Orr: 1 post Tobias Schlitt: 1 post