I'm interested in applying to be the maintainer for File_DNS. The
page<https://pear.php.net/package/File_DNS/>says it is not maintained.

I have been coding professionally for about 10 years, longer than that as a
hobby. I have experience in operations and infrastructure mostly.

My motivation for this message is that I just spent a few days writing a
set of classes to do what this module does and I'd like to improve this
module with some of the enhancements I coded into the internal module, and
migrate the application I am using that depends on our internal module
over to the Pear module.

-Jonathan

Search Discussions

  • Daniel O'Connor at Jan 1, 2012 at 6:16 am
    Hi Jonathan,
    Apologies for the late reply!

    So the good news is File_DNS is on github - it's really easy to fork the
    code and add your improvements. I'd encourage you down that path first, as
    it'll let us work with you to review/etc the relevant code.
    After a few good patches, we'll hand over the keys.

    Some ideas you might want to try out in addition to your fixes:
    1. Upgrade the code to PHP5 only (it's < 1.0.0; so BC breaks are ok)
    2. Run xdebug/phpunit over it, to see what code is covered and whati s
    missing from the unit tests\

    Let us know if you run into trouble - we're in irc (efnet / #pear) or more
    than happy to help via the pear-dev/pear-qa mailing lists

    I'm interested in applying to be the maintainer for File_DNS. The
    page<https://pear.php.net/package/File_DNS/>says it is not maintained.

    I have been coding professionally for about 10 years, longer than that as a
    hobby. I have experience in operations and infrastructure mostly.

    My motivation for this message is that I just spent a few days writing a
    set of classes to do what this module does and I'd like to improve this
    module with some of the enhancements I coded into the internal module, and
    migrate the application I am using that depends on our internal module
    over to the Pear module.

    -Jonathan
  • Jonathan Creasy at Jan 4, 2012 at 6:00 pm
    I am sure that you guys are busy, especially this time of year, I just
    wanted to see if my request was received.

    Thanks!

    -Jonathan
    I have been coding professionally for about 10 years, longer than that as
    a hobby. I have experience in operations and infrastructure mostly.

    My motivation for this message is that I just spent a few days writing a
    set of classes to do what this module does and I'd like to improve this
    module with some of the enhancements I coded into the internal module, and
    migrate the application I am using that depends on our internal module
    over to the Pear module.

    -Jonathan

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp