I was looking at the Pear documents for the XML_RSS package and
noticed it was unmaintained and the invite to take over the project
was hanging out there. I would like to offer to take over this
package. I have done a couple small open source contributions in the
past and would like to expand my contribution a bit at a time. This
looks like a good, small step, and I have a few things that I can add
into it.

I have been developing in PHP since around ~2003 and have noticed my
level of frustration diminishing as the object oriented support has
matured over the years. I am currently the VP of product development
for a startup company and wrote a custom application framework which
is currently operating a PHP code base of approximately 200,000 lines
of code (it is a large SaaS content management / communications
application).

The XML_RSS and XML_Parser PEAR packages are two among several "3rd
Party" scripts that are loosely integrated into our application for
supporting our RSS feed engine. There are a couple of things in the
file that I have fixed to keep it running and up to date with changes
to PHP itself, and I would be more than happy to contribute those
changes back to the community in addition to responding to change
requests, bug fixes, support, etc.

Regards,
- Sean

Search Discussions

  • Christian Weiske at Mar 15, 2011 at 6:57 pm
    Hello Sean,

    I was looking at the Pear documents for the XML_RSS package and
    noticed it was unmaintained and the invite to take over the project
    was hanging out there. I would like to offer to take over this
    package. I have done a couple small open source contributions in the
    past and would like to expand my contribution a bit at a time. This
    looks like a good, small step, and I have a few things that I can add
    into it.
    That's great to hear! Before officially giving you maintainer status on
    the package, please discuss your future plans with the package on the
    pear-dev mailing list and attach patches to the open bugs/feature
    requests on the bug tracker. This helps us to assess your skills and
    eligibility to lead the package development.

    --
    Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Christian Weiske

    -=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp
postedFeb 26, '11 at 1:15a
activeMar 15, '11 at 6:57p
websitepear.php.net

2 users in discussion

Sean Kelly: 1 post Christian Weiske: 1 post