Hello PEAR QA team

As you perharps know, package Net_Growl [1] on branch 0.x was
unmaintained since a long time (Bertrand is too busy).

I've rewrote a full PHP5 version on major version 2.
Since January 2010, the initial version 2.0.0 has evolved once time
(2.1.0) and only one bug know was fixed (2.1.1).

This version is pretty stable on my opinion, and if you're agree it
could be includes in the main PEAR repository, unless you don't agree
with something.

In the waiting of your reply, I wish you all a Merry Christmas

Laurent

[1] https://pear.php.net/package/Net_Growl
[2] http://growl.laurent-laville.org/

Search Discussions

  • Christian Weiske at Dec 31, 2010 at 10:11 am
    Hello Laurent,

    As you perharps know, package Net_Growl [1] on branch 0.x was
    unmaintained since a long time (Bertrand is too busy).

    I've rewrote a full PHP5 version on major version 2.
    Since January 2010, the initial version 2.0.0 has evolved once time
    (2.1.0) and only one bug know was fixed (2.1.1).

    This version is pretty stable on my opinion, and if you're agree it
    could be includes in the main PEAR repository, unless you don't agree
    with something.
    Please push it into PEAR. Maybe even as Net_Growl, not creating a new
    Net_Growl2 package but using the current one.

    --
    Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Christian Weiske

    -=≡ Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 ≡=-
  • Laurent Laville at Jan 2, 2011 at 2:54 pm
    Hello Christian,

    I was about to push my code on PEAR repository [1], when I discover that
    there is no previous source code for Net_Growl.

    First question : is it normal (while there are previous other releases
    when we have a CVS repository) ?

    Second question : does it means I should push code as it is a first
    creation, and does I have the rights (as I'm until now listed as
    contributor to this project) ?

    Thanks in advance

    Oh! ... forget to wish you a happy new year 2011 Christian

    Laurent

    As you perharps know, package Net_Growl [1] on branch 0.x was
    unmaintained since a long time (Bertrand is too busy).

    I've rewrote a full PHP5 version on major version 2.
    Since January 2010, the initial version 2.0.0 has evolved once time
    (2.1.0) and only one bug know was fixed (2.1.1).

    This version is pretty stable on my opinion, and if you're agree it
    could be includes in the main PEAR repository, unless you don't agree
    with something.
    Please push it into PEAR. Maybe even as Net_Growl, not creating a new
    Net_Growl2 package but using the current one.
    [1] http://svn.php.net/viewvc/pear/packages/
  • Christian Weiske at Jan 6, 2011 at 12:43 pm
    Hi Laurent,

    I was about to push my code on PEAR repository [1], when I
    discover that there is no previous source code for Net_Growl.

    First question : is it normal (while there are previous other
    releases when we have a CVS repository) ?
    It's an exception.
    Second question : does it means I should push code as it is a first
    creation, and does I have the rights (as I'm until now listed as
    contributor to this project) ?
    Yes, please import them.

    --
    Regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Christian Weiske

    -= Geeking around in the name of science since 1982 =-
  • Laurent Laville at Jan 6, 2011 at 6:06 pm

    I was about to push my code on PEAR repository [1], when I
    discover that there is no previous source code for Net_Growl.

    First question : is it normal (while there are previous other
    releases when we have a CVS repository) ?
    It's an exception.
    Second question : does it means I should push code as it is a first
    creation, and does I have the rights (as I'm until now listed as
    contributor to this project) ?
    Yes, please import them.
    Hello Christian,

    Import done !

    But with a little mistake of mine (sorry).

    Revision 307172 was the bad one
    Revision 307175 was the good with branches/tags/trunk structure (forget
    in previous commit)

    Is it possible to remove all source code from rev 307172 please ?

    Thanks in advance

    Laurent
  • Laurent Laville at Jan 9, 2011 at 2:09 pm

    I was about to push my code on PEAR repository [1], when I
    discover that there is no previous source code for Net_Growl.

    First question : is it normal (while there are previous other
    releases when we have a CVS repository) ?
    It's an exception.
    Second question : does it means I should push code as it is a first
    creation, and does I have the rights (as I'm until now listed as
    contributor to this project) ?
    Yes, please import them.
    Hello Christian,

    Import done !

    But with a little mistake of mine (sorry).

    Revision 307172 was the bad one
    Revision 307175 was the good with branches/tags/trunk structure (forget
    in previous commit)
    Hello Christian
    Is it possible to remove all source code from rev 307172 please ?

    Thanks in advance

    Laurent
    Sorry to disturb you. I forgot that I've karma to remove it myself !

    Laurent

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp
postedDec 24, '10 at 8:34a