Hello,

I'd like to express my interest in taking over the NET_SMPP package. I'm
currently implementing an ESME to send SMPP packages and I've found a bug or
two and I would like to add a few features. One of the features I'm adding
is currently listed as a feature request on the site from '06. I'd also like
to add some more examples to show developers how they should use this
library as it's not really documented!

I've been working with PHP for 3 years now. I am the lead developer of the
GoMule project on Sourceforge (http://gomule.sourceforge.net), so I'm
experienced in maintaining packages and dealing with repositories/trackers.

I am aware of the PEAR coding standards and I'll be able to follow them.

Thanks,

Simon Spencer

Search Discussions

  • Daniel O'Connor at Apr 12, 2010 at 12:44 am

    I'd like to express my interest in taking over the NET_SMPP package. I'm
    currently implementing an ESME to send SMPP packages and I've found a bug
    or
    two and I would like to add a few features. One of the features I'm adding
    is currently listed as a feature request on the site from '06. I'd also
    like
    to add some more examples to show developers how they should use this
    library as it's not really documented!
    Sounds good! Re the bugs, can you add bug reports and patches?
    Ditto http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9492 ?
  • Simon Spencer at Apr 12, 2010 at 9:17 am

    I'd like to express my interest in taking over the NET_SMPP package. I'm
    currently implementing an ESME to send SMPP packages and I've found a bug
    or
    two and I would like to add a few features. One of the features I'm adding
    is currently listed as a feature request on the site from '06. I'd also
    like
    to add some more examples to show developers how they should use this
    library as it's not really documented!
    Sounds good! Re the bugs, can you add bug reports and patches?
    Ditto http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9492 ?

    I've added/patched the bug I found:
    http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=17308 and added a patch to:
    http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9492
  • Simon Spencer at Apr 12, 2010 at 9:24 am

    I'd like to express my interest in taking over the NET_SMPP package. I'm
    currently implementing an ESME to send SMPP packages and I've found a bug
    or
    two and I would like to add a few features. One of the features I'm
    adding
    is currently listed as a feature request on the site from '06. I'd also
    like
    to add some more examples to show developers how they should use this
    library as it's not really documented!
    Sounds good! Re the bugs, can you add bug reports and patches?
    Ditto http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9492 ?

    I've added/patched the bug I found:
    http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=17308 and added a patch to:
    http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9492

    Well, I thought I could conform to PEAR standards, but I failed to even in
    that little snippet. http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=17308 should now be
    correct!
  • Daniel O'Connor at Apr 12, 2010 at 9:36 am
    Looks good to me at a glance.

    Next step: get yourself an svn account and for me to set you up with the
    appropriate karma.
    http://php.net/svn.php

    Forwarding this email or otherwise including a link to it (ie: mail archive)
    doesn't hurt.

    I take it silospen is the user account you'll apply for?

    wrote:

    On Sun, Apr 11, 2010 at 5:23 PM, Simon Spencer <silospen@silospen.com
[...]

  • Simon Spencer at Apr 12, 2010 at 10:16 am
    Great! I applied for an SVN account with, as you guessed, the user account
    'silospen'.

    On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 11:36 AM, Daniel O'Connor

    wrote:

[...]

  • Daniel O'Connor at Apr 12, 2010 at 10:30 am
    Karma added.

    Some housekeeping tasks for you when the SVN account comes through:
    1) Upgrade to package 2.0 (pear convert && cp package2.xml package.xml)
    2) Fix the internal directory structure (svn mkdir Net && svn mv SMPP Net
    && svn mv SMPP.php Net); and regenerate the package.xml (I suggest
    pear_packagefilemanager_cli - then it's just 'pfm' and answering a few
    questions)
    3) Apply your patches
    4) Some basic unit test coverage wouldn't hurt :) (PHPUnit ftw)
    5) Prepare your new release :)

    We're on #pear / irc.efnet.org if you have questions, or of course the
    pear-dev mailing list.

    wrote:

[...]

  • Simon Spencer at Apr 12, 2010 at 11:46 am
    Thanks a lot for the list of tasks, they're very useful as I'm still trying
    to read and understand all the PEAR guidelines/rules.

    Hopefully, there'll be a new release soonish! See you on IRC.

    On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Daniel O'Connor

    wrote:

[...]

  • Daniel O'Connor at Apr 13, 2010 at 1:23 am
    :) Looks like you are on your way already.

    wrote:

[...]

  • Simon Spencer at Apr 13, 2010 at 8:10 am
    Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but since a topic is already
    started... :)

    I've always been confused by Net_SMPP_Client being separate from Net_SMPP as
    Net_SMPP_Client is pretty much just an example of usage of Net_SMPP.
    However, I notice now that Net_SMPP_Client is also currently unmaintained -
    as I'm creating a client for Net_SMPP right now, I could maintain
    Net_SMPP_Client too.

    The client is pretty basic, it doesn't have any of the advanced stuff
    mentioned in the spec, such as TCP retransmission timers (though these are
    pretty had in PHP!) so I feel I could improve it. Also, the changes I'm
    making in Net_SMPP are applicable to Net_SMPP_Client, like sending the
    enquire_links to check the connection is still open.

    On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Daniel O'Connor

    wrote:

[...]

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp
postedApr 11, '10 at 8:00a
activeApr 13, '10 at 8:10a
websitepear.php.net

2 users in discussion

Simon Spencer: 6 posts Daniel O'Connor: 4 posts