hi,
was wondering when the next release of net_imap might be - I'm using the
current snapshot from CVS for my employers at the moment, which fixes a few
things for me that are broken in the current release (as referenced at
http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14566) , but would prefer to use an
actual release that contains those fixes.

Can't help but notice there's been no response re bug 14566 since *2008-12-10
*- so I suppose, if you like, the QA team (of which I'm a member) could step
in and roll a release as version 1.1.0beta2 does not have the fixes present
in CVS that I would personally consider urgent.

I'm CCing the pear dev & qa mailing lists as a matter of record - just so we
can keep track of this email and your response to it ;-)

many thanks and regards

Ken
<http://download.pear.php.net/package/Net_IMAP-1.1.0beta2.tgz>

Search Discussions

  • Sebastian Ebling at Apr 2, 2009 at 11:45 pm
    Hi Ken,

    was wondering when the next release of net_imap might be - I'm using
    the current snapshot from CVS for my employers at the moment, which
    fixes a few things for me that are broken in the current release (as
    referenced at http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=14566) , but would
    prefer to use an actual release that contains those fixes.
    First, the release was planned for april 2008, then for december
    2008 :-(
    Can't help but notice there's been no response re bug 14566 since
    2008-12-10 - so I suppose, if you like, the QA team (of which I'm a
    member) could step in and roll a release as version 1.1.0beta2 does
    not have the fixes present in CVS that I would personally consider
    urgent.
    I've just released 1.1.0 as new stable based on 1.1.0beta2.

    It really fixes a lot of bugs since the last stable relese from 2004...

    regards

    Sebastian
  • Daniel O'Connor at Apr 3, 2009 at 3:34 am

    I've just released 1.1.0 as new stable based on 1.1.0beta2.

    It really fixes a lot of bugs since the last stable relese from 2004...
    Hurray!
  • Ken Guest at Apr 3, 2009 at 8:15 am

[...]

    superb!
    thanks Sebastian.

    ken
  • Ken Guest at Apr 3, 2009 at 4:21 pm
    I do need to follow up on this.
    It is great that you made a new release - especially since it contains bug
    fixes from the CVS version that I needed. It would have been better still if
    you had made the changelog at lot more specific about what changes, new
    features and bug fixes have gone into release 1.1.0-stable.

    with those extra details in the changelog it would be a lot easier for
    people, especially the QA team, to determine what's different about the
    release; what's changed (which is what this is all about after all!) and
    whether or not to upgrade to it.

    thanks

    Ken

    --