Greetings,

There are a number of bug fixes in the CVS version of MDB2 that need to be
released into a "beta" or "stable" package.

My specific interest is in a fix for a problem with manipSQL wherein the current
version replaces "::text" with ":$1" causing pgsql to throw "syntax errors".

I am not currently subscribed to this list. Please send direct replies.

Thank you!

Regards,
Jeff MacDonald ("jonez")

Search Discussions

  • Daniel O'Connor at Mar 21, 2009 at 2:17 am
    I only see 3 closed bugs since 2.5.0b2 got released back in January
    https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&status=CRSLR
    Lorenzo/David/Ali; when's your next releases planned?

    On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Jeff MacDonald
    There are a number of bug fixes in the CVS version of MDB2 that need to be
    released into a "beta" or "stable" package.

    My specific interest is in a fix for a problem with manipSQL wherein the
    current
    version replaces "::text" with ":$1" causing pgsql to throw "syntax
    errors".

    I am not currently subscribed to this list. Please send direct replies.

    Thank you!

    Regards,
    Jeff MacDonald ("jonez")

  • Lorenzo Alberton at Mar 23, 2009 at 5:19 pm

    Daniel O'Connor wrote:
    I only see 3 closed bugs since 2.5.0b2 got released back in January
    https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&status=CRSLR
    <https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&status=CRSLR>
    Lorenzo/David/Ali; when's your next releases planned?
    Jeff, it would be nice if you could try MDB2 2.5.0b2
    and MDB2_Driver_pgsql 1.5.0b2. In your bug report you
    list MDB2 2.4.1 as the version you have installed, which
    is quite old.

    I believe that issue is fixed already, I can't check
    right now since I don't have a postgresql instance on
    this machine.

    Best regards,
  • Jeff MacDonald at Mar 23, 2009 at 5:27 pm

    I only see 3 closed bugs since 2.5.0b2 got released back in January
    https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&stat
    us=CRSLR
    <https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&sta
    tus=CRSLR> Lorenzo/David/Ali; when's your next releases planned?
    Jeff, it would be nice if you could try MDB2 2.5.0b2
    and MDB2_Driver_pgsql 1.5.0b2. In your bug report you
    list MDB2 2.4.1 as the version you have installed, which
    is quite old.
    Yes, 2.4.1 is quite old-- but it is the most recent stable release.

    I will be happy to try out the beta. If that works, is a new stable release
    coming soon? :)
    I believe that issue is fixed already, I can't check
    right now since I don't have a postgresql instance on
    this machine.

    Best regards,
    I am subscribed to pear-qa now, so no need to cc replies.

    Regards,
    Jeff
  • Lorenzo Alberton at Mar 23, 2009 at 5:33 pm

    Jeff MacDonald wrote:
    I only see 3 closed bugs since 2.5.0b2 got released back in January
    <https://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=MDB2&sta
    tus=CRSLR> Lorenzo/David/Ali; when's your next releases planned?
    Jeff, it would be nice if you could try MDB2 2.5.0b2
    and MDB2_Driver_pgsql 1.5.0b2. In your bug report you
    list MDB2 2.4.1 as the version you have installed, which
    is quite old.
    Yes, 2.4.1 is quite old-- but it is the most recent stable release.

    I will be happy to try out the beta. If that works, is a new stable release
    coming soon? :)
    The "beta" status is due to new features introduced
    after the latest stable branch, but you can use it
    safely, many bug fixes have been applied to the older
    features as well, so the stability has improved for those.

    I can't promise any release soon, sorry, I'm swamped
    with work, and there are a few things that I'd like
    to push in before the next stable release.
  • Jeff MacDonald at Mar 23, 2009 at 5:59 pm

    The "beta" status is due to new features introduced
    after the latest stable branch, but you can use it
    safely, many bug fixes have been applied to the older
    features as well, so the stability has improved for those.
    I installed the mdb2 beta on one of my machines and ran a quick test after a
    small code modification and the query works. Would it be possible to list bug
    #16047 as "fixed" in the beta?
    I can't promise any release soon, sorry, I'm swamped
    with work, and there are a few things that I'd like
    to push in before the next stable release.
    What items need to go in before a new release can be made?

    Also, what new features have been added in the beta vs. the stable version?
    Thank you for your help so far.

    Regards,
    Jeff
  • Lorenzo Alberton at Mar 27, 2009 at 3:11 pm

    Jeff MacDonald wrote:
    I can't promise any release soon, sorry, I'm swamped with work, and
    there are a few things that I'd like to push in before the next
    stable release.
    What items need to go in before a new release can be made?
    I'd like to see the problems with custom data types fixed,
    as well support for stored procedures returning multiple
    result sets.
    Also, what new features have been added in the beta vs. the stable
    version?
    I've written about some updates in some blog posts:

    http://www.alberton.info/pear_mdb2_foreign_key_support.html
    http://www.alberton.info/catching_up_july_2007.html
    http://www.alberton.info/pear_mdb2_foreign_key_support_complete.html
    http://www.alberton.info/pear_mdb2_2_5_0a1.html
    http://www.alberton.info/pear_mdb2_2_5_0b1.html

    Also, you can see the full changelog here:

    http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2/download/All
    http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Driver_pgsql/download/All
    http://pear.php.net/package/MDB2_Driver_mysql/download/All

    HTH