I'd like to maintain the Cache Lite package. I've been using PEAR
pretty heavily for a few years, and am a big fan. I recently used
Cache Lite to help a company I'm working with solve a performance
problem, and noticed it wasn't being maintained.

The main reasons I'd like to do this are to get more involved with
PEAR, and to become a contributor and not just a user, and also I'd
like to propose adding memcached support to Cache Lite so it's use is
transparent for existing Cache Lite users (with a config option, of
course).

If you have specific questions about my programming skills or
technical background, please let me know. I've been programming for 25
years and am comfortable with many languages and environments. I've
been an independent consultant on and off for about 12 years, with a
couple of regular jobs in the middle.

Thanks,

Ed Shirey

Search Discussions

  • Ken Guest at Jan 22, 2009 at 5:48 pm

    I'd like to maintain the Cache Lite package. I've been using PEAR
    pretty heavily for a few years, and am a big fan. I recently used
    Cache Lite to help a company I'm working with solve a performance
    problem, and noticed it wasn't being maintained.

    The main reasons I'd like to do this are to get more involved with
    PEAR, and to become a contributor and not just a user, and also I'd
    like to propose adding memcached support to Cache Lite so it's use is
    transparent for existing Cache Lite users (with a config option, of
    course).

    If you have specific questions about my programming skills or
    technical background, please let me know. I've been programming for 25
    years and am comfortable with many languages and environments. I've
    been an independent consultant on and off for about 12 years, with a
    couple of regular jobs in the middle.

    That would be great. Have you contributed anything to PEAR yet? bug reports
    or patches?
    Maybe you just lurked on the lists for a while?

    As Daniel is likely to point out, we will:

    - Pick on you
    - Hassle you
    - Heckle you
    - At times, act slower than molasses
    - Get into petty nitpicking
    - Avoid dealing with people who nitpick on us
    - run php_codesniffer on your code, point and laugh.
    - look at your code and giggle like six year old school girls

    If that doesn't worry you, then I'd be happy to see you as a part of PEAR.

    k.
  • Ed Shirey at Jan 22, 2009 at 9:10 pm
    Bring it on!

    I've not contributed yet, but I am a heavy user.

    I've managed development organizations before, and am very much an
    advocate of the entire QA process. I personally think QA is frequently
    more challenging than development, and I always stood up for my QA
    guys when developers would say something ignorant. Having said that, I
    am a developer, so sooner or later, I'll likely say something ignorant
    too.

    My ego is not fragile, and whatever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.

    What's next?

    Ed

[...]

  • Daniel O'Connor at Jan 22, 2009 at 9:39 pm