I would be interested in taking over maintenance of the File_DICOM
package. I have not participated in this sort of project in the past,
but I have a long history of interest in and development of projects
relating to Telemedicine, Teleradiology, and Medical and BioInformatics.
For six years I was the manager of a group at the University of
Missouri, Columbia School of Medicine which was responsible for
implementing that institution's first statewide telemedicine network.

I currently maintain a nationwide image network application for the
Orthopedic Foundation for Animals that is used for remote evaluation of
hip and elbow displaysia images for dogs. As the husband of a
Radiologist, I have constant input on 'end user' issues related to DICOM
based radiology reading systems for both teaching and diagnosis. I have
at times participated in the DICOM working groups relating to both human
and veterinary medicine.

I would like to explore the potential of this package to fill an
expanding role in the distribution of images and metadata stored in
DICOM based Picture Archiving Systems (PACS).

I am a native English speaker living in the US Midwest and passingly
competent with the written language. I am not adverse to writing
documentation.

Thanks,

Dave Witten

Search Discussions

  • Arnaud Limbourg at Apr 19, 2006 at 8:15 pm
    Hi,

    That is quite an offer !

    Considering what you plan to do I suggest you apply for a pearweb
    account if you do not have one yet. You should also apply for a cvs
    account. With that you will be all set. Of course you just need to ask
    if we can give you info.

    Arnaud.

    --
    Arnaud
  • David Witten at Apr 20, 2006 at 2:52 pm

    -- Dave

    David Witten wrote:
[...]

  • bertrand Gugger at Apr 20, 2006 at 3:08 pm
    Bienvenue,

    David Witten wrote:
[...]

    Take care about the CS (Coding Standards) , it looks idiot , but it's a
    necessary mean for all of us to come direct in code.
    Don't feel bad if some cvs dog (the people having time to watch) come
    onto you , it's only QA.
    Also , we have a rule to never break BC (Backward Compatibility) but
    better issue another package if needed. That apply only on "stable"
    package , "alpha" can move quite freely , File_DICOM is "beta" , so
    you're in the middle.

    You are naturally welcome to ask , the pear-dev@lists.php.net is
    intended for that.

    (I'm a very bad english speaker :) )