Can QA send email to the lead of http://pear.php.net/package/Net_IPv4
about if he's still active or not, that QA bug report stings in the eyes.

Also can someone contact the maintainer of SQL_Parser and ask if he's
still active and see if this epte at ruffdogs dot com wants to help
maintain SQL_Parser ? (look at all his bug reports and patches in the link
below.)

http://pear.php.net/bugs/search.php?cmd=display&package_name[]=SQL_Parser&status=Open

I think we also may need to nudge the maintainer of Archive_(Tar|Zip) ...
I know there are a lot more packages but we need to take it baby steps at
a time :-)

On a related matter, it would be nice if the public could have a list over
deprecated, superseeded and unmaintained packages, doesn't QA have this
list auto generated by now from the database or is it in the pipeline ?

- Helgi

Search Discussions

  • Arnaud Limbourg at Oct 19, 2005 at 6:55 pm

    Helgi Þormar wrote:
    Hi,

[...]

    I will contact them. Archive_ZIP maintainer was already contacted.

    There is now a way to mark unmaintained packages in pearweb but there is
    no global list yet. The plan is also to add this info to the search results.

    Arnaud.
  • bertrand Gugger at Oct 19, 2005 at 11:01 pm

    Arnaud Limbourg wrote:

    Helgi Þormar wrote:
    Hi,

    Can QA send email to the lead of http://pear.php.net/package/Net_IPv4
    about if he's still active or not, that QA bug report stings in the
    eyes.
    see my earlier "unsane" reports too.
[...]

    and Archive_Tar's one ? (this so peculiar packages) ?
    I promised to phone him, I didn't yet, but you're nearest to him, arnaud ?
    There is now a way to mark unmaintained packages in pearweb but there
    is no global list yet. The plan is also to add this info to the search
    results.
    this is only a first step.
    à+
    --
    bertrand "toggg" Gugger
  • Arnaud Limbourg at Oct 20, 2005 at 5:23 am

    and Archive_Tar's one ? (this so peculiar packages) ?
    I promised to phone him, I didn't yet, but you're nearest to him,
    arnaud ?
    Both packages have the same maintainer and he has been contacted. We are
    discussing options atm.
    There is now a way to mark unmaintained packages in pearweb but there
    is no global list yet. The plan is also to add this info to the
    search results.

    this is only a first step.
    à+
    Indeed.