Net_DNSBL made it's first release moments ago, and has the version
number 0.5.0, but it's state is stable, so can someone pull this release
since it doesn't confirm standards...

Also in addition, we don't recommend, and actually iirc that our
documents says, that the first release should never be a stable release.

Regards
Helgi

Search Discussions

  • Sebastian Nohn at Nov 28, 2004 at 1:05 pm

    Helgi Þormar wrote:

    Net_DNSBL made it's first release moments ago, and has the version
    number 0.5.0, but it's state is stable, so can someone pull this release
    since it doesn't confirm standards...

    Also in addition, we don't recommend, and actually iirc that our
    documents says, that the first release should never be a stable release.
    This thing has been proven in two weblog enviroments (Serendipity and
    Wordpress to be stable) before even proposing it. It's not a academic
    oracle class that has to be proven working, it already has been proven.

    Sebastian
  • Arnaud Limbourg at Nov 28, 2004 at 6:24 pm

    This thing has been proven in two weblog enviroments (Serendipity and
    Wordpress to be stable) before even proposing it. It's not a academic
    oracle class that has to be proven working, it already has been proven.
    Hi,

    We're not saying that it is not stable, just that if you want to release
    stable you need to release it as 1.0.0. For any version number below
    that the state should be either beta or alpha.

    If you want to release a stable version go ahead (be aware that you
    won't be able to break BC) :) No offense was intented ;)

    Arnaud.

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp
postedNov 28, '04 at 11:55a