Grokbase Groups PHP pear-qa June 2004
Hey pears,

Does anybody know the current status of Vincent, maintainer of Archive_Tar?

I have a bug in Archive_Tar (http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1693),
which quite frankly, because of the ugly code in Archive_Tar, I am
unable to track down - perhaps somebody has a better knowledge of the
code and can help? Personally, I think that perhaps the code could use a
re-write/really good cleanup; Archive_Tar2 anybody? :)

- Davey

Search Discussions

  • Vincent at Jun 30, 2004 at 6:22 am
    Davey,

    Unfortunatly I was not able to track buags and thread about Archive_Tar for the
    last months due to personnal reasons.

    I will try to have a look at it this week.

    I agree that having other mainteners on Archive_Tar is a good idea, and I don't
    have any problem with that. You can also write an new Archive_Tar2, but I think
    it would be better to stay with one Archive_Tar, and rewrite it, with equal
    features, if really needed.

    Sorry for my late reply,

    Regards,

    Vincent Blavet

    Selon Davey <davey@php.net>:
    Hey pears,

    Does anybody know the current status of Vincent, maintainer of Archive_Tar?

    I have a bug in Archive_Tar (http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1693),
    which quite frankly, because of the ugly code in Archive_Tar, I am
    unable to track down - perhaps somebody has a better knowledge of the
    code and can help? Personally, I think that perhaps the code could use a
    re-write/really good cleanup; Archive_Tar2 anybody? :)

    - Davey

  • Davey at Jun 30, 2004 at 10:57 am

    vincent@phpconcept.net wrote:

    Davey,

    Unfortunatly I was not able to track buags and thread about Archive_Tar for the
    last months due to personnal reasons.
    Not a problem, just wanted to check you were still with us! :)
    I will try to have a look at it this week.
    Thank you!
    I agree that having other mainteners on Archive_Tar is a good idea, and I don't
    have any problem with that. You can also write an new Archive_Tar2, but I think
    it would be better to stay with one Archive_Tar, and rewrite it, with equal
    features, if really needed.
    I think a cleanup of Archive_Tar by somebody who understands it (i.e.
    Not Me) would be good.
    Sorry for my late reply,
    Late? Approximately 6hrs is an excellent response time, thank you very
    much indeed!
    Regards,

    Vincent Blavet
    - Davey

    Selon Davey <davey@php.net>:

    Hey pears,

    Does anybody know the current status of Vincent, maintainer of Archive_Tar?

    I have a bug in Archive_Tar (http://pear.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=1693),
    which quite frankly, because of the ugly code in Archive_Tar, I am
    unable to track down - perhaps somebody has a better knowledge of the
    code and can help? Personally, I think that perhaps the code could use a
    re-write/really good cleanup; Archive_Tar2 anybody? :)

    - Davey

  • Antônio Carlos Venâncio Júnior at Jun 30, 2004 at 11:29 am
    Vincent,

    vincent@phpconcept.net wrote:
    Davey,

    Unfortunatly I was not able to track buags and thread about Archive_Tar for the
    last months due to personnal reasons.

    I will try to have a look at it this week.

    I agree that having other mainteners on Archive_Tar is a good idea, and I don't
    have any problem with that. You can also write an new Archive_Tar2, but I think
    it would be better to stay with one Archive_Tar, and rewrite it, with equal
    features, if really needed.
    I can help to maintain it. ;)
    Sorry for my late reply,

    Regards,

    Vincent Blavet

    --
    Ate'

    Antonio
    echo antonio php net | sed 's/ /@/;s/ /./g'
    FreeBSD/OpenBSD/Solaris | PHP/MySQL/Python | PGP Key ID 0x5BBEB073
    "Can't buy what I want because its FREE!" - Pearl Jam
  • Vincent at Jun 30, 2004 at 6:25 am