Tobias Schlitt
a passion for php http://www.schlitt.info

Search Discussions

  • Klaus Guenther at Feb 25, 2004 at 2:15 pm
    From: "Tobias Schlitt" <tobias@schlitt.info>

    Hi!

    Sorry, guys, to hit you again with "regulations" and "announcements", but
    I'm strongly of the opinion, that QA's tasks and forces have to be clearly
    announced to the public before a "real" QA work can take place. (see thread
    about CS fixes on this list)
    I completely agree -- which is why we have seen a number of proposals rise
    and fall. Most recently, Lukas' and Jon's... Someone has to get the ball
    rolling here, and we can't sit around bickering about the perfect QA team.
    That's one of the things I liked about Lukas' proposal. Nothing is worse
    than sitting around without being able to do anything: wearing a cardboard
    crown and pounding on the table trying to get things done.
    I hope to get time this evening to set up some text as a proposal, so please
    leave your comment on what you think of it.
    QA needs to be able to rate packages for stability, etc. and also needs to
    be able to "adopt" packages when the maintainer is AWOL. Personally, I think
    it would be best to incorporate a lot of the functionality into pearweb.
    Yes, it may be a lot of work initially, but it will pay off.

    Klaus
  • Stefan Neufeind at Feb 25, 2004 at 6:11 pm

[...]
    Also agreed from my side that a real QA team and their the allowed
    actions / packages that allow actions would be great. From this point
    of view maybe it would be good to explicitly name the people that are
    currently working in the QA-field, that try to solve bugs, that
    contact devs for bugfixing etc. ...

    Regards,
    Stefan
  • Pierre-Alain Joye at Feb 25, 2004 at 5:39 pm
    Hello Toby,

    Sorry to say that, but I'm not sure that adding another set of
    rules/regulations or whatever now is a good thing or will be helpfull.

    The 1st goal of a QA team is to do QA tasks. Stefan did something really
    good. Both for the tests of bundled PEAR releases and the class names
    issue. That is what I expect from a QA team.

    As Jon said, beaurocracy can wait. Once we have a set of actions where
    we got problems, then yes we can add some regulations.

    pierre

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp
postedFeb 25, '04 at 2:03p