Hello,

PHP 4.3.3RC4 has been released and is available (qa.php.net), and now?

We need tests and feedbacks. How? here is a list of tests/tasks:

- The install procedure on all platforms (win32 too)
- Installation of packages
- Upgrade of packages
- Install procedures on existing installations
- Remotes functions (remote-list, install, upgrade) behind a firewall
with or without authentification
- package a new package (pear package)
- pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
run manually it worked just fine.
- run the unit tests that already exist in the tests/ directory of
php-src/pear
- run make test (for sources install) and accept to send a mail to
php-qa

Do all or only one (better than nothing). However I would like to get
feedback here (pear-qa@lists.php.net) in any case (success and obviously
failure), with the following infos:
- platform(s) available
- OS and version
- Databases system available
- interested to work with pear-qa with the given OS/DB? (yes/no)
this is only to have a good overview of really motivated and
available people around. That should help to set up a real QA team

Thanks all for your (future :) work,

pierre

Search Discussions

  • David Grant at Aug 18, 2003 at 8:55 pm
    Just a quickie -- bit busy ATM.
    - The install procedure on all platforms (win32 too)
    Compiled from source on Debian GNU/Linux Sid. No problems. Note that this
    was a clean install (apt-get removed ALL php packages before). PEAR
    installed to /usr/local/lib/php
    - Installation of packages
    Installed both MDB and XML_Util without any problems.
    - pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
    sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
    run manually it worked just fine.
    Confirmed... Reports missing aclocal on line 57 of phpize.
    - run the unit tests that already exist in the tests/ directory of
    php-src/pear
    - run make test (for sources install) and accept to send a mail to
    php-qa

    Do all or only one (better than nothing). However I would like to get
    feedback here (pear-qa@lists.php.net) in any case (success and obviously
    failure), with the following infos:
    - platform(s) available
    - OS and version
    - Databases system available
    - interested to work with pear-qa with the given OS/DB? (yes/no)
    this is only to have a good overview of really motivated and
    available people around. That should help to set up a real QA team
    Linux (i386)
    Debian Gnu/Linux Sid
    MySQL, PostgreSQL.

    I'm happy to do anything required really. I'm happy to do MySQL stuff, but
    will do pretty much anything handed down. :)

    Regards,

    David
  • Derick Rethans at Aug 18, 2003 at 8:57 pm

    - pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
    sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
    run manually it worked just fine.
    Confirmed... Reports missing aclocal on line 57 of phpize.
    That's weird, as it shouldn't use aclocal anymore. Are you sure that
    you're using the correct phpize? Can you please paste the full error?

    Derick

    Derick Rethans http://derickrethans.nl/
    JDI Media Solutions http://www.jdimedia.nl/
    International PHP Magazine http://www.php-mag.net/
  • David Grant at Aug 18, 2003 at 9:12 pm
    - pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
    sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
    run manually it worked just fine.
    Confirmed... Reports missing aclocal on line 57 of phpize.
    That's weird, as it shouldn't use aclocal anymore. Are you sure that
    you're using the correct phpize? Can you please paste the full error?
    Of course. File attached.
    Derick

    Derick Rethans http://derickrethans.nl/
    JDI Media Solutions http://www.jdimedia.nl/
    International PHP Magazine http://www.php-mag.net/
  • Klaus Guenther at Aug 18, 2003 at 9:28 pm
    - pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
    sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
    run manually it worked just fine.
    Confirmed... Reports missing aclocal on line 57 of phpize.
    That's weird, as it shouldn't use aclocal anymore. Are you sure that
    you're using the correct phpize? Can you please paste the full error?

    Derick
    I've been getting a similar error. Strangely enough, php was compiled with
    '--includedir= /usr/include' (and /usr/include/php is where the headers
    are). I confirmed that phpize is current, so I have no idea what's going
    wrong.

    Note: I installed RC4, but didn't reinstall pear from scratch, but I assume
    that since I have PEAR 1.2.1 installed, it is current.

    Klaus

    # pear install apd
    downloading apd-0.4p2.tgz ...
    ...done: 39,326 bytes
    16 source files, building
    running: phpize
    autoheader: `config.h.in' is created
    You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
    grep: /usr/share/include/php/main/php.h: No such file or directory
    grep: /usr/share/include/php/Zend/zend_modules.h: No such file or directory
    grep: /usr/share/include/php/Zend/zend_extensions.h: No such file or
    directory
    Configuring for:
    PHP Api Version:
    Zend Module Api No:
    Zend Extension Api No:
    `phpize' failed
    #
  • Davey at Aug 18, 2003 at 9:50 pm
    - The install procedure on all platforms (win32 too)
    go-pear.bat worked flawlessly except that it *still* puts pear.bat as
    pear.bat_old if the directory into which it installs is there, be it
    empty or not.
    - Installation of packages
    pear install PEAR_Info - works fine
    pear install Net_URL HTTP_Request Net_DIME SOAP - works fine
    - Upgrade of packages
    C:\Documents and Settings\Davey>pear list-upgrades
    AVAILABLE UPGRADES (STABLE):
    ============================
    PACKAGE LOCAL REMOTE SIZE
    HTTP_Upload 0.8 0.8.1 7.8kB
    PEAR_Info 1.0.1 1.0.6 6.2kB
    XML_Parser 1.0 1.0.1 4.9kB

    C:\Documents and Settings\Davey>pear upgrade XML_Parser
    downloading XML_Parser-1.0.1.tgz ...
    ...done: 4,954 bytes
    upgrade ok: XML_Parser 1.0.1

    C:\Documents and Settings\Davey>pear upgrade-all
    Will upgrade http_upload
    Will upgrade pear_info
    downloading HTTP_Upload-0.8.1.tgz ...
    ...done: 7,987 bytes
    upgrade-all ok: HTTP_Upload 0.8.1
    downloading PEAR_Info-1.0.6.tgz ...
    ...done: 6,334 bytes
    upgrade-all ok: PEAR_Info 1.0.6
    - Install procedures on existing installations
    C:\Documents and Settings\Davey>pear install PEAR_Info
    PEAR_Info already installed
    - Remotes functions (remote-list, install, upgrade) behind a firewall
    with or without authentification
    remote-info works
    remote-list works

    Behind ZoneAlarm (personal) without authentication
    - package a new package (pear package)
    C:\web\php-cvs\pear\Auth_HMAC\old>pear pv package.xml

    C:\web\php-cvs\pear\Auth_HMAC\old>pear package
    Analyzing HMAC.php
    Analyzing tests\auth_hmac_test.php
    Package C:\web\php-cvs\pear\Auth_HMAC\old\Auth_HMAC-0.9.tgz done
    - pear install on PECL packages (I had some troubles which didn't make
    sense at all, the installer said that phpize failed, but when it was
    run manually it worked just fine. n/a Win32
    - run the unit tests that already exist in the tests/ directory of
    php-src/pear
    seem to all run fine.
    - run make test (for sources install) and accept to send a mail to
    php-qa n/a
    - platform(s) available
    Win32, Intel 32bit; BSD, Dual Intel 32bit; Linux, Intel 32bit
    - OS and version
    WinXP Pro SP1; FreeBSD 4.4-Release; Gentoo 1.4 (RC4? perhaps)
    - Databases system available
    MySQL 4.0.12/PgSQL 7.3.3
    - interested to work with pear-qa with the given OS/DB? (yes/no)
    this is only to have a good overview of really motivated and
    available people around. That should help to set up a real QA team
    I'll do this again, sure :)
    Thanks all for your (future :) work,

    pierre
  • Pierre-Alain Joye at Aug 19, 2003 at 10:55 am

    - The install procedure on all platforms (win32 too)
    go-pear.bat worked flawlessly except that it *still* puts pear.bat as
    pear.bat_old if the directory into which it installs is there, be it
    empty or not.
    Solved, thanks for your help and your host :)

    pierre
  • Davey at Aug 19, 2003 at 7:04 pm

    Pierre-Alain Joye wrote:
    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:50:09 +0100
    - The install procedure on all platforms (win32 too)
    go-pear.bat worked flawlessly except that it *still* puts pear.bat as
    pear.bat_old if the directory into which it installs is there, be it
    empty or not.

    Solved, thanks for your help and your host :)

    pierre
    No problem, and next time I give you VNC please don't try to erase my c:
    drive :P

    - Davey

grouppear-qa @
categoriesphp