I am not a regular Perl user, but I am a Windows batch file enthusiast: top
All-Time batch-file contributer at StackOverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/tags/batch-file/topusers>, ID=dbenham

I ran across the portableshell.bat file used by Portable Strawberry Perl in
the following StackOverflow question:
http://stackoverflow.com/q/35867036/1012053

There are a number of problems with that script that lead to unnecessary
limitations:

    - The root path of Portable Strawberry Perl cannot contain space, equal
    (=), semicolon (;), ampersand (&), or caret (^)
    - The script will fail if the existing PATH contains an unquoted
    ampersand or caret

Plus there are other esoteric issues that could use improvement.

I've developed (and tested) a significantly improved portableshell.bat
script that I would like to contribute.

I joined GitHub, but have no idea how to proceed any further.

Dave Benham

Search Discussions

  • Kmx at Mar 15, 2016 at 10:40 am
    Hello Dave,

[...]