Having installed a portable build of Strawberry 5.20.0, how do I then alter
$Config{libpth} - such that the alteration to $Config{libpth} is already in
place every time I open up an instance of the strawberry shell ?

For my own Windows perls, I would do this by editing appropriately the
libpth entry in Config_heavy.pl and Config.pm, but Stawberry seems to be
reading libpth from some other source(s) as the entries in Config_heavy.pl
and Config.pm don't even match $Config{libpth}.
And changing the libpth entries in those 2 files doesn't seem to be having
any effect at all.

Cheers,
Rob

Search Discussions

  • Kmx at Feb 22, 2015 at 5:06 pm
    Hi Rob,

    portable.perl file (in strawberry portable perl root dir) is the place
    where all portable dark magic takes place.

    --
    kmx
    Having installed a portable build of Strawberry 5.20.0, how do I then
    alter $Config{libpth} - such that the alteration to $Config{libpth} is
    already in place every time I open up an instance of the strawberry shell ?

    For my own Windows perls, I would do this by editing appropriately the
    libpth entry in Config_heavy.pl and Config.pm, but Stawberry seems to be
    reading libpth from some other source(s) as the entries in
    Config_heavy.pl and Config.pm don't even match $Config{libpth}.
    And changing the libpth entries in those 2 files doesn't seem to be
    having any effect at all.

    Cheers,
    Rob

  • Sisyphus1 at Feb 22, 2015 at 10:58 pm

[...]